The California Zephyr is a passenger train operated by Amtrak between Chicago, Illinois, and Emeryville, California, passing through the states of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California. At 2,438 miles (3,924 km) it is Amtrak's longest route and is also one of the most scenic, with views of the upper Colorado River valley in the Rocky Mountains, and the Sierra Nevada.
This scenariopack offers eight new scenarios for this legendary train. If you also own the P42DC Genesis addon you will be able to play each of the scenarios with the F40PH or the P42DC Genesis.
Difficulty: 3/5; Realism: 4/5; Download product, multilingual (english and german)
Please visit the Trains and Drivers Shop to buy this Scenario Pack.
The first four scenarios represent a train run from Rocklin to Reno (one complete run divided into four parts):
- TaD Eastbound California Zephyr
Rocklin to Colfax in summer.
- TaD Eastbound California Zephyr II
Colfax to Emigrant Gap in summer.
- TaD Eastbound California Zephyr III
- TaD Eastbound California Zephyr IV
Truckee to Reno in summer.
The second set of scenarios covers the opposite direction:
- TaD Westbound California Zephyr I
Reno to Truckee in winter.
- TaD Westbound California Zephyr II
Truckee to Emigrant Gap in winter.
- TaD Westbound California Zephyr III
Emigrant Gap to Colfax in winter.
- TaD Westbound California Zephyr IV
Colfax to Rocklin in Winter.