The included spreadsheet has all the pertinent specs for various Railworks 2 steam locomotives.
It is very useful for managing fire mass, preventing the over-steam check valves from popping, knowing max speed possible, etc.
The data was produced by:
- using Windows Explorer - Search on the Railworks2 install Assets folder to find all *Simulation.bin files.
- these found files were copied to a new working folder.
- non-steam engines were deleted.
- a Powershell script was written and ran that ran serz.exe on all the .bins to produce corresponding .xml files.
- a Powershell script was written and ran extracted the pertinent data from the .xml files and created a .csv output file.
- the output .csv file was "prettied up" with formating and color to produce the .xls final version.
Copyleft 2010 by Cordell Clarke
Please remember even those this file is free, the author still has rights to the file. Be sure to read the readme that is enclosed for further copyright information and instructions to install the file.
DTG's Required Disclaimer
"IMPORTANT NOTICE. Everything on this site is user generated content designed for use with RailSimulator.com Limited’s train simulation products, including RailWorks 4: Train Simulator 2013, Train Simulator 2014 and Train Simulator 2015. RailSimulator.com Limited does not approve or endorse this user generated content and does not accept any liability or responsibility regarding it.
This user generated content has not been screened or tested by RailSimulator.com Limited. Accordingly, it may adversely affect your use of RailSimulator.com’s products. If you install this user generated content and it infringes the rules regarding user-generated content, RailSimulator.com Limited may choose to discontinue any support for that product which they may otherwise have provided.
The RailWorks EULA sets out in detail how user generated content may be used, which you can review further here: www.railsimulator.com/terms. In particular, this user generated content includes work which remains the intellectual property of RailSimulator.com Limited and which may not be rented, leased, sub-licensed, modified, adapted,copied, reproduced or redistributed without the permission of RailSimulator.com Limited."