Durango & Silverton

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Durango & Silverton

Unread postby ozinoz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:11 pm

As announced on Ricks website (http://www.gtraxsims.com/) the testing of phase 1 of the Durango & Silverton project is over and release date is next week. This is a stunning route. It is a staged project with some work still to complete, but that IN NO WAY detracts from the massive enjoyment and deep emmersion you will feel. All monies raised are going to a good cause and I know I will be buying, even after testing this for the past couple of weeks; it is that good. :D

Break out your copy of Cinders & Smoke and be prepared to me amazed.

Now is the time for our budding model builders to get a start on some D&RGW narrow gauge equipment.

**!!bow!!**

G
ozinoz

Re: Durango & Silverton

Unread postby harryadkins » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Awesome. Would love to see D&RGW all the way from Durango to Alamosa!
harryadkins

Unread postby NDORFN » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:31 pm

What's the cause that the donations are going to?
NDORFN

Unread postby PapaXpress » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 pm

At Gtrax it says the Preservation Series is "These products are Donationware. Net proceeds* from the locomotives are donated to the respective sponsoring organizations."
"So much energy harassed in these beasts." ~ styckx
"When all else fails, read the instructions ... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
RW Sites: The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby NDORFN » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Well that's a good, relevant cause.
NDORFN

Unread postby PapaXpress » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:42 pm

Its probably how he obtained permission as well. I also agree, a good cause.
"So much energy harassed in these beasts." ~ styckx
"When all else fails, read the instructions ... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
RW Sites: The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby ozinoz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Re the Preservationware, I believe the funds from this project are going to the Durango Railroad Historical Society, who have restored and operate the 315 out of Silverton and are working on expading running lines over the old Silverton Northern.

Final confirmation at release...

!*cheers*!
ozinoz

Unread postby Rich_S » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:06 am

I know I've said before my number one interest is freight switching operations, but I have to admit judging by the screen shots Rick has done an amazing job with this route. The really neat part of the whole deal is, the sales are being donated to the Durango Railroad Historical Society. My hat is off to you Rick and the entire Durango & Silverton team and yes this will be my next route purchase *!!thnx!!* !!*ok*!!

Regards,
Rich S.
Rich_S

Unread postby B-24_LIBERATOR » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Hehehehehehehe *!greengrin!*

It's at the top of my list!
Life is like a dark train ride through the mountains... can't see the track in the distance or know where the next switch will send you. You might come across a dead end and have to turn back, or you may take a turn on a siding you would have never expected! You may not always reach your destination, but you will never get anywhere by backing down.
B-24_LIBERATOR

Unread postby arizonachris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:34 pm

is it ready yet? Is it ready yet? Is it ready yet????????????????? !!*ok*!! Must have more steam. never enough steam! !*salute*! And for a great cause.
For PC Tech Support check out my website: http://www.abithelp.com
Proud Volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
arizonachris

Unread postby railbard » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:50 am

Arrrgghh!! I'm not made of money and there's so many great new routes this month. We won't even talk about rolling stock!

Another must-buy....
railbard

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 am

It sure looks great, doesn't it?

Hopefully, a succesfull launch and acceptance of this route by G-Trax will convince more US providers of MSTS routes to convert their stock for Railworks.
So far, IMO, the US market hasn't been taken as seriously by RSC compared to the UK market.

3D Trains and All Aboard also have US routes in their MSTS portfolio that could be converted to succesfull Railworks routes if the market has proven itself.

It is a chicken and egg situation at the present moment, but several hens are breeding, pardon the pun.
Last edited by _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby railbard » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Would love to see some of Maple Leaf's stuff too. And what was the California outfit that did Tehachapi, and various other routes? But I don't think they are in business anymore (plus some people were irritated by their inclusion of Bible quotes in various places in their routes).

But I have--let's see--at least 8 routes on my must buy list (granted a couple are older, though Edin-Glas is just updated to RW3 standards) and routes are easily the most expensive bits to buy. I may have to get an extra job! :)
railbard

Unread postby august1929 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 am

railbard wrote:And what was the California outfit that did Tehachapi, and various other routes? But I don't think they are in business anymore (plus some people were irritated by their inclusion of Bible quotes in various places in their routes).

Wrong - they are still very much in business - 3DTrainStuff btw - not to be confused with Marc's 3DTrains :). What's the relevance of the "plus" mention of Bible quotes?

http://www.3dtrainstuff.com/

Try their West Colton - not spotted any Bible quotes, but it is a good route :).

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:So far, IMO, the US market hasn't been taken as seriously by RSC compared to the UK market.

Well, RSC is a British company, with the bulk of their sales in Britain & Europe. There was an American company producing a new sim - Micre or Micro something - don't know what happened to them, probably gone bust... :D

G-Trax D&S looks like a must have...

Rod
xxxx

xNon partisan rail simmer
august1929

Unread postby Leaf85 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:17 am

It looks like an superb route and is on my list too !!howdy!!
Leaf85

Next

Return to General Discussion