[OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Support forum for Searchlight Simulations

Moderators: bnsfsubdivision, BNSFdude, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby mapitts66 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:59 pm

PNWR1854 wrote:They plan to do USA paint schemes in the coming years, after the release of the CP. IIRC there will be UP SP CNW CEFX and more.



I forget my SP's on Donner & my UP's on Sherman! Still I love their work. First class. I can get a Canadian version and run it in free roam.
mapitts66
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:47 pm
Location: Decatur Alabama

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby CSXAC60CW » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:53 pm

All in favor of a CSX scheme, say I!
!*brav*! can’t wait for this!!
CSXAC60CW
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:35 pm
Location: Dellrose TN

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby LoganTMT » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:26 pm

Nay!
LoganTMT
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:08 pm

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby Fireexplorer249 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:30 pm

I'm sure there are a million and one paint schemes that people want. Lets just wait and see once it comes time to cross that bridge. In the mean time, we will have an amazing AC4400 to run once it is released.Thank you again Searchlight Simulations for all of the hard work you guys have put into your projects!
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
User avatar
Fireexplorer249
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby mapitts66 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:25 am

Fireexplorer249 wrote:I'm sure there are a million and one paint schemes that people want. Lets just wait and see once it comes time to cross that bridge. In the mean time, we will have an amazing AC4400 to run once it is released.Thank you again Searchlight Simulations for all of the hard work you guys have put into your projects!

I totally agree. Cannot hardly wait! To the Searchlight gang, thanks for all your hard work.
mapitts66
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:47 pm
Location: Decatur Alabama

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Just downloaded the 61 page manual. Hokey smoke Bullwinkle lots of buttons to push, levers to move and screens to watch. There are some cautions about what it will take to run this on your computer. It is complex, but verrrrry interesting. Note: needs to be connected to the internet to use it. Security to keep it from being copied and passed around. It may also phone home to see if any modifications have been done. I am wondering what the price point on this is.
EDIT: for additional thoughts.
Last edited by AmericanSteam on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TS2019 64 bit, Intel I7 6700K, Liquid Cooled, ASUS GTX 1060 6 GB, 32 GB DDR-4 3200 MHz, Samsung 500 GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 system drive, Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2 drive for TS2019
Using a Raildriver with TS2019 Raildriver interface by Cobra One and RW Enhancer.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-N4b ... subscriber
User avatar
AmericanSteam
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Grass Valley, California

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby BNSFdude » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:30 pm

Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 am

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:32 pm

BNSFdude wrote:Doing some testing of physics on the CMP.
20180508153651_1.jpg


As far as performance goes, we expect there to be a minimum requirement to run it, but should perform better than the FEF-3 or C39-8. I currently get 30 FPS with Two AC's up front, or one AC and SD40M-2 up front and 100 plus sultran cars. Mind you this is with the unoptimized version.


I am curious as to what CPU and GPU you are using for a test bed. I had trouble using multiple (4 or more) C39-8s in a consist.
TS2019 64 bit, Intel I7 6700K, Liquid Cooled, ASUS GTX 1060 6 GB, 32 GB DDR-4 3200 MHz, Samsung 500 GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 system drive, Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2 drive for TS2019
Using a Raildriver with TS2019 Raildriver interface by Cobra One and RW Enhancer.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-N4b ... subscriber
User avatar
AmericanSteam
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Grass Valley, California

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby BNSFdude » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 pm

AmericanSteam wrote:
BNSFdude wrote:Doing some testing of physics on the CMP.
20180508153651_1.jpg


As far as performance goes, we expect there to be a minimum requirement to run it, but should perform better than the FEF-3 or C39-8. I currently get 30 FPS with Two AC's up front, or one AC and SD40M-2 up front and 100 plus sultran cars. Mind you this is with the unoptimized version.


I am curious as to what CPU and GPU you are using for a test bed. I had trouble using multiple (4 or more) C39-8s in a consist.

We had a diverse range of setups across our testing group. I personally have an i7-7700K with 32GB ram, and a nVidia 1070.
Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 am

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:30 am

AmericanSteam wrote:Just downloaded the 61 page manual. Hokey smoke Bullwinkle lots of buttons to push, levers to move and screens to watch. There are some cautions about what it will take to run this on your computer. It is complex, but verrrrry interesting. Note: needs to be connected to the internet to use it. Security to keep it from being copied and passed around. It may also phone home to see if any modifications have been done. I am wondering what the price point on this is.
EDIT: for additional thoughts.


A locomotive phoning home? No, thanks, I'll let that one pass by.
Edwin "Kanawha"
Image
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
User avatar
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha
 
Posts: 2866
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby BNSFdude » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:00 pm

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:
AmericanSteam wrote:Just downloaded the 61 page manual. Hokey smoke Bullwinkle lots of buttons to push, levers to move and screens to watch. There are some cautions about what it will take to run this on your computer. It is complex, but verrrrry interesting. Note: needs to be connected to the internet to use it. Security to keep it from being copied and passed around. It may also phone home to see if any modifications have been done. I am wondering what the price point on this is.
EDIT: for additional thoughts.


A locomotive phoning home? No, thanks, I'll let that one pass by.

Your loss. !*don-know!* all the connection does is verify license, nothing else.

If you play with PMDG products for Flight Sim, it's very similar.
Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod
 
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 am

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:16 pm

I can see your reasoning on this. You are bringing to the table the most advanced locomotive model that I have ever seen. You have most likely thousands of man hours and you want to protect your intellectual property. At the same time you are bringing this verify license process to the game for individual DLC. Something that no one else has done at least in this game. There will be some push back on this. Thank you for the explanation on what the internet connection is for. I imagine it will be pricey being an unusual item. I have not seen even an estimated cost as of yet. My machine is between the minimum and recommended specifications so it more than likely will run it reasonably well. Waiting to see what it will cost. !*don-know!*
TS2019 64 bit, Intel I7 6700K, Liquid Cooled, ASUS GTX 1060 6 GB, 32 GB DDR-4 3200 MHz, Samsung 500 GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 system drive, Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2 drive for TS2019
Using a Raildriver with TS2019 Raildriver interface by Cobra One and RW Enhancer.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-N4b ... subscriber
User avatar
AmericanSteam
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Grass Valley, California

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby Fireexplorer249 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:26 pm

It is quite hard to understand why y'all are being held back by Searchlight trying to protect their product...
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
User avatar
Fireexplorer249
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Fireexplorer249 wrote:It is quite hard to understand why y'all are being held back by Searchlight trying to protect their product...

If you read my post I stated that I understood the reasoning behind it but it limits the use of the product to if you have an internet connection. TS2019 can be played offline but this DLC can not. Most of the time I have an internet connection but on vacation I may not. No big deal but a concern. Also can this be installed on more than one computer that I own. New ideas bring new questions.
TS2019 64 bit, Intel I7 6700K, Liquid Cooled, ASUS GTX 1060 6 GB, 32 GB DDR-4 3200 MHz, Samsung 500 GB 970 EVO Plus M.2 system drive, Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2 drive for TS2019
Using a Raildriver with TS2019 Raildriver interface by Cobra One and RW Enhancer.
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9-N4b ... subscriber
User avatar
AmericanSteam
 
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 am
Location: Grass Valley, California

Re: [OFFICIAL] Searchlight Simulations GE AC4400 on the way!

Unread postby Fireexplorer249 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:20 pm

AmericanSteam wrote:
Fireexplorer249 wrote:It is quite hard to understand why y'all are being held back by Searchlight trying to protect their product...

If you read my post I stated that I understood the reasoning behind it but it limits the use of the product to if you have an internet connection. TS2019 can be played offline but this DLC can not. Most of the time I have an internet connection but on vacation I may not. No big deal but a concern. Also can this be installed on more than one computer that I own. New ideas bring new questions.

Understandable. I must have misread your post.
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
User avatar
Fireexplorer249
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm
Location: Southern California

PreviousNext

Return to Searchlight Simulations

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests