Need help finding a TgPcDx file

Discussion of rolling-stock creation & re-painting.

Need help finding a TgPcDx file

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:53 am

Does anyone know where to find this part of the locomotive? I want to change the BNSF Patch to a SGRR patch

wheretofind.jpg
wheretofind.jpg (255.01 KiB) Viewed 764 times
User avatar
ErikGorbiHamilton
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: Algona WA, Along the old PSE ROW.

Re: Need help finding a TgPcDx file

Unread postby buzz456 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:28 am

In the default file, the top one called BNSF decal. It looks solid yellow until you unpack it.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
Image
User avatar
buzz456
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14134
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:30 am
Location: Sycamore, Il

Re: Need help finding a TgPcDx file

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:00 pm

buzz456 wrote:In the default file, the top one called BNSF decal. It looks solid yellow until you unpack it.


Unpack it how? Do i need to run something to unpack it?
User avatar
ErikGorbiHamilton
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: Algona WA, Along the old PSE ROW.

Re: Need help finding a TgPcDx file

Unread postby buzz456 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:35 pm

ErikGorbiHamilton wrote:
buzz456 wrote:In the default file, the top one called BNSF decal. It looks solid yellow until you unpack it.


Unpack it how? Do i need to run something to unpack it?


I have no clue how you are going about your painting. If you use RSBinTool, export the TgPcDx to wherever and then open it with DXTBmp. It will show you the baclground layer and the alpha. Change the alpha with whatever you are using for a editor and boom done. Reverse the process and you will have your new texture.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
Image
User avatar
buzz456
Site Admin
 
Posts: 14134
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:30 am
Location: Sycamore, Il

Re: Need help finding a TgPcDx file

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

buzz456 wrote:
ErikGorbiHamilton wrote:
buzz456 wrote:In the default file, the top one called BNSF decal. It looks solid yellow until you unpack it.


Unpack it how? Do i need to run something to unpack it?


I have no clue how you are going about your painting. If you use RSBinTool, export the TgPcDx to wherever and then open it with DXTBmp. It will show you the baclground layer and the alpha. Change the alpha with whatever you are using for a editor and boom done. Reverse the process and you will have your new texture.


It's because i wasn't painting the unit but rather "Patching" it and Renumbering it.


Thanks for the instructions though! this will really help!
User avatar
ErikGorbiHamilton
 
Posts: 1542
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: Algona WA, Along the old PSE ROW.


Return to Rolling-Stock Design

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest