Info On How Do A Blueprint For A Bridge

Discussion about RailWorks scenario creation.

Info On How Do A Blueprint For A Bridge

Unread postby TheKman » Sun May 21, 2017 3:24 pm

I have had no luck finding any info on how to make a blueprint for bridges..... Ditto for how to put the file together in 3DC(using version 9) using the trainworks wizard.

My bridges and other models are made using Sketchup-15 then exported as a .obj file. I use 3DC to make the .igs file for the shape then finish the model using the Railworks blueprint editor.

But I've found out that bridges are a different beast compared to the buildings I've made.

I need to be pointed in a direction to find links or YouTube videos on how to prep my bridges.

Thank you.
TheKman

Re: Info On How Do A Blueprint For A Bridge

Unread postby Chacal » Sun May 21, 2017 3:43 pm

First step is always the Railworks developer docs, available here in the file library.
You want to read the document about scenery items.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal

Unread postby TheKman » Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Thanks Chacal. I've downloaded the docs will start reading thru them.
TheKman

Unread postby TheKman » Sun May 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Well the developer docs are a JOKE!! The PDf 9.04 Create Scenery is useless to me. What I need is how to do part 5 of that PDF. The blueprint for the bridge. I've done all those other steps. And I'm sorry, these are dated 2008 and since then the entire blueprint editor has evolved. Even the updates are of no help to me.

What I need is docs on the BlueprintEditor2 for TS 2017 with descriptions on how to make blueprints for various items and what info is required for all the boxes (or fields ?)

If it helps the .igs for the 3 bridges I've built have been made.
TheKman

Unread postby buzz456 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:36 am

TheKman wrote:Well the developer docs are a JOKE!! The PDf 9.04 Create Scenery is useless to me. What I need is how to do part 5 of that PDF. The blueprint for the bridge. I've done all those other steps. And I'm sorry, these are dated 2008 and since then the entire blueprint editor has evolved. Even the updates are of no help to me.

What I need is docs on the BlueprintEditor2 for TS 2017 with descriptions on how to make blueprints for various items and what info is required for all the boxes (or fields ?)

If it helps the .igs for the 3 bridges I've built have been made.

Don't you think your post is a bit impolite to someone trying to help you? There are a lot of things written a long time ago that are still valid.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby Chacal » Mon May 22, 2017 12:32 pm

True. Most of the dev docs are still useful, if only to explain the bssic concepts.
I am not aware of documentation for the blueprint editor, but that's not important. The editor is just an interface over the xml document.
I suggest you open the exported xml document (not the one used by the editor, which has extra metadata, but the one exported) in a text editor, and compare it to one that works.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal

Return to Scenario Creation