EMD SD70M/MAC 16N-710G3B total enhancement pack Available Now!

Support forum for Searchlight Simulations

Moderators: BNSFdude, bnsfsubdivision, Moderators

Re: EMD SD70M/MAC 16N-710G3B total enhancement pack Available Now!

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:14 am

plethaus wrote:Understood, but the manual doesn't go into detail about compatibility with gauge functionality or which locos work (should be used) or which should not. It's basically just a few pages from an actual sd70 manual followed by a page of credits...

That's only two gauges in one DLC that do not work. To me this is no big deal considering the huge improvement you gain over the default simulation factor and because of that not worth mentioning.
Kevin Schulz
Artist - Searchlight Simulations
bnsfsubdivision
Forum Mod

Unread postby BNSFdude » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:16 am

plethaus wrote:OK, so did I just miss the relevant section in the manual? If I did I apologize, I flipped through it but I admit I may have missed something.

I think it was explained either on our disclaimer on the site or somewhere in our thread that the Brake gauges will cease to function because of our lack of inside node information for our script to control.
Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod

Unread postby ssbobz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:20 am

The release threads are where I found most of the info regarding the adv. brake scripting/sounds incompatibility, the need for dpu's to be connected to the lead unit or replaced by a special dpu model, and possibly a few other things I don't recall atm.

Many if not all of these were discussed in the Gevo pack thread since it was first (I think) but they carry over into the later packs since the scripting is the same or similar.

~~ I see I was ninja'd by several posts but it still seems relevant enough.
ssbobz

Unread postby plethaus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Ssbobz, you keep mentioning the advanced brakes version not being compatible. I already knew that before I even posted in this thread. If you read what I wrote, I said the non-advanced brakes version did not have working gauges either.

Furthermore it's aggravating to be told to read the manual several times (including once in a very condescending way) and then a couple of posts later I get told "I didn't think it was worth mentioning." Lol none of this stuff is even worth getting mad over, I just want to be treated respectfully as I always treat others.

Edited to change "brakes" to "gauges"
Last edited by plethaus on Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plethaus

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:22 pm

plethaus wrote:Ssbobz, you keep mentioning the advanced brakes version not being compatible. I already knew that before I even posted in this thread. If you read what I wrote, I said the non-advanced brakes version did not have working brakes either.

Furthermore it's aggravating to be told to read the manual several times (including once in a very condescending way) and then a couple of posts later I get told "I didn't think it was worth mentioning." Lol none of this stuff is even worth getting mad over, I just want to be treated respectfully as I always treat others.

If you feel like I insulted you in any way, then I apologize. There really is not much to be said about this other than what Anthony already mentioned.
Kevin Schulz
bnsfsubdivision
Forum Mod

Unread postby plethaus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks, apology accepted. Yes, let's move on. I was thinking about checking out the other two packs I don't have yet - are there any known issues not mentioned on the Searchlight website or elsewhere with the ACe pack or FDL pack before I purchase?
plethaus

Unread postby ssbobz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:41 pm

I did miss that particular point but I was only trying to point out that not everything was addressed in the manuals and sometimes it was in the threads for other products.
ssbobz

Unread postby plethaus » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:53 pm

I didn't see info about the SD70 there but I will take a second look, thanks.
plethaus

Unread postby BNSFdude » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 pm

For the ACes, I don't think there was any functionality that had to be compromised in order for our product to work, as the ACe/M-2s all were relatively bare bones to begin with. Same with Dash 9s.
Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod

Unread postby plethaus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:38 pm

awaken1977 wrote:What a package! I got few pumpkin orange MACs for free with sound!

The only one thing is kind of strange... Sound doesn't work with default BNSF executive SD70MAC in old scenarios, until I deleted it in scenario editor and added again to the train. Don't know why.

I'm still having trouble getting the engine sounds in the BNSF SD70 to work.. I've tried deleting and replacing the train in the scenario editor as mentioned but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?
plethaus

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:40 pm

plethaus wrote:
awaken1977 wrote:What a package! I got few pumpkin orange MACs for free with sound!

The only one thing is kind of strange... Sound doesn't work with default BNSF executive SD70MAC in old scenarios, until I deleted it in scenario editor and added again to the train. Don't know why.

I'm still having trouble getting the engine sounds in the BNSF SD70 to work.. I've tried deleting and replacing the train in the scenario editor as mentioned but it still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas?

Try a free room and see if they work.
Kevin Schulz
bnsfsubdivision
Forum Mod

Unread postby plethaus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:44 pm

They don't.
plethaus

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Try this:
Attachments
RSC.rar
(8.27 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Kevin Schulz
bnsfsubdivision
Forum Mod

Unread postby plethaus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:14 pm

That did the trick! Thanks for taking the time (on a Saturday no less!) to provide some help. What was the culprit?
plethaus

Unread postby plethaus » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:18 pm

OK, one small thing I have noticed: I have no alerter sound. Functionally it's working (I get the ! on the HUD) but no 'warning' sounds.

edit: One other question (which is something I noticed with the SP SD70M version as well) is the RPM behavior when going back to idle. After hauling along for a few minutes in notch 4 or higher, getting up to speed, and then throttling down to idle, the RPM wants to hang at notch 3 speeds (484rpm.) Is this intended (i.e. some type of cooling behavior)? The manual mentioned RPM weirdness with control sensitivity but mine is still at the default setting (50%.)
plethaus

PreviousNext

Return to Searchlight Simulations