Scenario Creation in TSW

Discussion abour running and creation TSW scenarios and setvices

Moderator: ricksan

Scenario Creation in TSW

Unread postby harmsway » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 pm

I developed a work-a-round for us to create scenarios for TSW. In short you can use the in game services to select an engine, time of year, weather and location. Yes it is as simple as selecting a service and tailoring to your liking. The key is being able to save and share these "service edits". Of course I've done this for myself but I need some volunteers to test my created scenario. If we get positive feed back we can all begin sharing scenarios using this technique.

If you are interested use the link provide to download the files. Follow the Readme to copy the necessary files to your own TSW game folder. Please report back how well the readme was to understand and follow. Most of all report back the results of using the scenario.

http://www.eharm.net/shop/freeware/NBPR_Readme.zip

If all goes well I will post a video on creating and sharing scenarios. Also I will post a video on using this scenario.

Looking forward positive responses.

Gene
harmsway

Re: Scenario Creation in TSW

Unread postby qrfan3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Gene
Read your read me...installed the three files as you stated.
A couple of screenies to verify I have the right scenario or in the right place....it seems to be working okay.
TSW is very very new to me, eventually I will pull apart and see what ticks.

Thanks...

20180105113328_1.jpg
20180105113328_1.jpg (690.52 KiB) Viewed 582 times

20180105113636_1.jpg
20180105113636_1.jpg (686.13 KiB) Viewed 582 times
qrfan3

Unread postby harmsway » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:54 pm

qrfan3 wrote:Gene
Read your read me...installed the three files as you stated.
A couple of screenies to verify I have the right scenario or in the right place....it seems to be working okay.
TSW is very very new to me, eventually I will pull apart and see what ticks.

Thanks...

Nice, I'm finishing up the videos on all this now. I will post these by Saturday.

Gene
harmsway

Unread postby LandN » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:12 am

I am not good at making scenarios, but I would like to be able to d/l new ones for the route.
LandN

Unread postby RailWanderer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Gene, I got everything installed by your instructions and seemed to have no trouble as everything was where you said it would be and the instructions allowed me to place the scenario files where they belonged as when playing the scenario it worked fairly well. I still haven't gotten past the classification yard, so I can't respond on past the 2.5 mile signal north of the yard. I was having too much fun moving cars around and working the couplers. I am certainly glad they have the view 8 key to help with the switching operations. Nice work, I was wondering how you assembled the train in the scenario? Thanks for your work, excellent..... !!*ok*!! !!*ok*!!
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Unread postby harmsway » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 pm

LandN wrote:I am not good at making scenarios, but I would like to be able to d/l new ones for the route.

Well go ahead and download this one and enjoy.
harmsway

Unread postby harmsway » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 pm

RailWanderer wrote:Gene, I got everything installed by your instructions and seemed to have no trouble as everything was where you said it would be and the instructions allowed me to place the scenario files where they belonged as when playing the scenario it worked fairly well. I still haven't gotten past the classification yard, so I can't respond on past the 2.5 mile signal north of the yard. I was having too much fun moving cars around and working the couplers. I am certainly glad they have the view 8 key to help with the switching operations. Nice work, I was wondering how you assembled the train in the scenario? Thanks for your work, excellent..... !!*ok*!! !!*ok*!!

So the train is nothing more then a hijacked Service. It is all explain in my video on how to this which I'm posting tonight. I'm able to set up a train using an existing service but I have not figured out how to add assets like more cars or people.
harmsway

North branch Yard Scenario

Unread postby RailWanderer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 am

Ok, here's my first attempt, see what you think. It took me about an hour and a half to create. There are some services running within the scenario which kind of adds to the ambiance and its not using the starting service locomotives, so bare with the quirks.

http://digitalrailroading.net/zip/NorthBranchYard.zip
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Return to TSW Scenarios & Services