Problems: X582 Switching for Q375

Discussion abour running and creation TSW scenarios and setvices

Moderator: ricksan

Problems: X582 Switching for Q375

Unread postby RailWanderer » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:54 pm

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else had problems with this Service? I get to the point in the service where I have 5 coal hoppers coupled and need to reach the reversing objective, but none of the turnouts for the track leading to the objective are switchable. Very frustrating at best as I have tried taking other tracks to accomplish the goal, still it is a switching glitch keeping me from getting to that objective. I also tried moving up the line to the first grade crossing to try and come in from the backside of the objective marker, but the consist seems to kill any abilities to operate the turnouts behind it.
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Re: Problems: X582 Switching for Q375

Unread postby RailWanderer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:48 am

No takers, obviously TSW had died already.
RailWanderer (John)
RailWanderer

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:54 am

I completed this some time ago without any issues. I will run again when I have time.
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 750W PSU, Big Water cooling, Windows 10 Pro 64, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual ASUS VE248Q Monitors. I love this stuff!
AmericanSteam

Unread postby OldProf » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:33 pm

No problems for me, either. I've always found all Cumberland Yard switches controllable both on the 2D Map and by walking up to them. The fact that no one answered your post previously is probably due to not owning TSW, disinterest, or not having experienced the problem. Assuming that TSW "has died already" is patently ridiculous.
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Ran it again without issues. There is one place where you reverse back where you must wait for an AI to leave the yard. If you get there too early or late this can cause an issue.
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 750W PSU, Big Water cooling, Windows 10 Pro 64, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual ASUS VE248Q Monitors. I love this stuff!
AmericanSteam

Unread postby RailWanderer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:57 pm

OldProf wrote:No problems for me, either. I've always found all Cumberland Yard switches controllable both on the 2D Map and by walking up to them. The fact that no one answered your post previously is probably due to not owning TSW, disinterest, or not having experienced the problem. Assuming that TSW "has died already" is patently ridiculous.

Yep, got your attention. Just because you aren't having problems doesn't mean that others aren't having problems because not everyone has the same machine. The thing is, I have tried everything I can think of to resolve the problem, and was looking for help. At my age in life, I really don't need someone telling me what I can and can't say with in my post. As long as I am civil, I can state my opinion, otherwise kick me off the forums.

The obvious conclusion here is that two people say they aren't having a bit of trouble even after rerunning the scenario, and there is no answer so far, thanks for your input Guys. Looking forward to any good solution to the problem.

AmericanSteam wrote:Ran it again without issues. There is one place where you reverse back where you must wait for an AI to leave the yard. If you get there too early or late this can cause an issue.

I'll try this again, and keep a sharp eye for the timing, thanks for the advise.
RailWanderer (John)
RailWanderer

Unread postby RailWanderer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 pm

AmericanSteam wrote:Ran it again without issues. There is one place where you reverse back where you must wait for an AI to leave the yard. If you get there too early or late this can cause an issue.

Thank you Mr. AmericanSteam, you nailed the problem, it was the timing, I appreciate your help, that gets me through that set of services.
RailWanderer (John)
RailWanderer

Return to TSW Scenarios & Services