Humpin to Please

Discussion abour running and creation TSW scenarios and setvices

Moderator: ricksan

Humpin to Please

Unread postby dejoh » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:20 pm

I was goofing around the hump yard, pushing 2 tankers and a box car, I successfully uncoupled from the locomotive from the cars on the fly. Using the shift 3 key to be on the ground very close to the cars. I unlocked the car.
They proceeded to roll rather far down the yard. ( way too far and too quick). Maybe with the right brake wheel tension it could slow to a safe speed.
You can also control the loco from the rear of the train. Need to experiment much more. !*brav*!

When it comes to new RW routes/rolling stock.
Believe it when you are downloading it.
http://johnstonsigns.blogspot.com/
dejoh

Re: Humpin to Please

Unread postby OldProf » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 am

Have you seen the YouTube video in which the engineer, having left the cab, climbs the rear ladder of the second hopper and watches loading from there? Unfortunately, I don't have the URL, but might it be possible to hop onto a car's ladder and set its brake from that position?

How'd you get to the hump yard? I haven't yet figured out TSW's version of free-roaming except in services where the minute I enter a cab I'm given instructions.
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Pro 64-bit; Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz; 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665 MHz (9-9-9-24); 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950}
OldProf

Unread postby artimrj » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:47 am

Tom the last Scenario in the list is a free for all. Do whatever you want.
Bob Artim
I don't have a PHD, I have a DD214...

6th Gen i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz, 16 gig, NVidia GTX 970 4 Gig, 5 TB of Maxtor HDs, 128 Gig SSD, 800 W PSU & Win 10 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Unread postby dejoh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 am

Hi Tom.
In the scenario/free roam, which you access from the menu, In Cumberland yard free roam. you pick a locomotive, grab a few cars, and negotiate to the hump yard through the interesting #9 map. Clear your switches all the way to your location. Back the consist up the lead hump track next to the tower. I still have to experiment on the many aspects of getting the cars to roll, but I noticed that the consist has to be moving for it to work. I still have a lot to figure out. !*hp*!
When it comes to new RW routes/rolling stock.
Believe it when you are downloading it.
http://johnstonsigns.blogspot.com/
dejoh

Return to TSW Scenarios & Services