Doubts about Beta versions

Get help for TSW - running it, problems you may have, advice needed...

Moderator: ricksan

Doubts about Beta versions

Unread postby QO1922 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 am

Hello,

To not do more off-topic there, I ask now here my doubts about installation beta, because I'm a bit confused.

1) Each Beta version is individual or the posterior Beta contains the previous one?
1.1) If they are independent, I have to install one by one, or just let me install only one?

2) In TSW update releases (I've attached screenshots) they say: "Update 2 will download automatically from Steam", but that's not true, isn't it?

Thank you!

P.S: I only have TSW installed with Beta u3.5tb. Number of Build 50.
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (35.81 KiB) Viewed 240 times
22.jpg
22.jpg (154.16 KiB) Viewed 240 times
QO1922

Re: Doubts about Beta versions

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:21 am

QO1922 wrote:Hello,

To not do more off-topic there, I ask now here my doubts about installation beta, because I'm a bit confused.

1) Each Beta version is individual or the posterior Beta contains the previous one?
1.1) If they are independent, I have to install one by one, or just let me install only one?

2) In TSW update releases (I've attached screenshots) they say: "Update 2 will download automatically from Steam", but that's not true, isn't it?

Thank you!

P.S: I only have TSW installed with Beta u3.5tb. Number of Build 50.

Build 50 from u3.5tb is the latest beta, it includes all previous betas. At least the parts that DTG thought worth keeping.

The should be an official update to the release version of TSW coming this week. That update will download automatically from Steam if you have set "Always keep this game up to date" on the Updates tab of your game's Properties panel.
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby QO1922 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:36 am

Ok, it's clear, thank you!
QO1922

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:29 am

There are two types of updates, official and beta. If you want the beta updates before the official update is released You must do this manually. Go to Library>Train Sim World CSX Heavy Haul> properties>BETAS>and in the "beta you would like to subscribe to" box select the beta version number(usually the latest). Leave the access code box blank you do not need one. This will download the selected beta.If you do not like the beta you installed you can select the optout and it will revert to the last official update release. As stated above if you only want the official updates in the updates tab select "always keep this game up to date" and optout of the beta.
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 750W PSU, Big Water cooling, Windows 10 Pro 64, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual ASUS VE248Q Monitors. I love this stuff!
AmericanSteam

Return to TSW Help forum