TSW 2020 coming August

Re: TSW 2020 coming August

Unread postby cnwfan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:50 pm

I think Caltrain is more likely, as they would just need to re-export the existing geometry out of 3DMax to FBX format and retexture. While I would love to see a Capitol Corridor route, there would be a whole set of buildings and infrastructure they would need to model. But, maybe DTG will surprise us with something totally unexpected. I didn't expect that Amtrak SW switcher.
Howard (cnwfan)
Dyersville, IA
Oelwein & Western Route
cnwfan

Unread postby OpenRailer90 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Very possible like what they did with LIRR with the M7. DTG has Alstom Surfliner coaches for their Pacific Surfliner TS1 route which can easily be adapted into the CDTX CapitalCorridor Alstom cars and with slight modifications be turned into the MorrisonKnudsen cars.
OpenRailer90

TSW 2020 coming August

Unread postby RailWorkshop » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:14 am

A video I saw on Youtube where DTG game is being discussed on UE4 Youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... DFArfMUZLs
RailWorkshop

Unread postby Railfan722 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:51 am

Achievements for the new route have just shown up on SteamDB. All are prefixed with “SFJ” and they currently all have “F40PH” in the file. Looks like it will be San Francisco to San Jose with the F40PH-CAT and the gallery cars, which will be a nice addition. No word on freight, but one of the achievements is called “Move Any Mountain”, so there’s some hope. Couple of interesting ones in the list with clever titles. https://steamdb.info/app/530070/history/
Railfan722

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Oh well, I was hoping Amtrak would try to plug its new Siemens Charger locomotives and latest passenger cars in some California guise.

Who is the freight operator on that line?
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby Railfan722 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:28 pm

I think Union Pacific does all the freight except for the Port of San Francisco, which is serviced by the San Francisco Bay Railroad. If the port is in the route, expect UP to do the switching - I can’t see DTG modeling an S2 for the two miles of track they run.
Railfan722

Unread postby cnwfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:58 pm

Railfan722 wrote:I think Union Pacific does all the freight except for the Port of San Francisco, which is serviced by the San Francisco Bay Railroad.

Correct... when I was working the peninsula commutes (2007), UP ran 2 locals out of South San Francisco:
1. The Mission Bay which brought up loads and ran empties from Santa Clara and Newark
2. The Broadway which did the Redwood City Port switching, along with switching the line side industries north of Santa Clara Yard.
3. Power for the Broadway was also used if there were pickups at the Port of SF, along with switching out the lumber yard spur at Bayshore
Howard (cnwfan)
Dyersville, IA
Oelwein & Western Route
cnwfan

Unread postby buzz456 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Another route for the X box crowd.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:46 pm

buzz456 wrote:Another route for the X box crowd.

Yep, it seems so. Short route with lots of action in starting and stopping your train, just like in LIRR.

Very small chance there have been improvements made to bring more life into the sterile and dead world of TSW. Without a plethora of cars at every grade crossing and city scene modern California is unimaginable. Pretty female peds dressed for California summer weather, not those grumpy UK skinhead type of males that abound in the domestic DLC.

Are there any dedicated safety system in use on that line? If no, only locomotive controls so no complicated scripts that go awry.
From the pics of real life CalTrain cab car interiors, that little engineers cab is a claustrophobic workplace.

Here is a ride:

Not much to see alongside the tracks, so easy-peasy in creating.
Last edited by _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby BNSFdude » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:

Yep, it seems so. Short route with lots of action in starting and stopping your train, just like in LIRR.

Very small chance there have been improvements made to bring more life into the sterile and dead world of TSW. Without a plethora of cars at every grade crossing and city scene modern California is unimaginable. Pretty female peds dressed for California summer weather, not those grumpy UK skinhead type of males that abound in the domestic DLC.

Are there any dedicated safety system in use on that line? If no, only locomotive controls so no complicated scripts that go awry.
From the pics of real life CalTrain cab car interiors, that little engineers cab is a claustrophobic workplace.

Here is a ride:

They use i-ETMS or something similar by Wabtec. Good luck recreating that.
Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod

Unread postby OpenRailer90 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Railfan722 wrote:Achievements for the new route have just shown up on SteamDB. All are prefixed with “SFJ” and they currently all have “F40PH” in the file. Looks like it will be San Francisco to San Jose with the F40PH-CAT and the gallery cars, which will be a nice addition. No word on freight, but one of the achievements is called “Move Any Mountain”, so there’s some hope. Couple of interesting ones in the list with clever titles. https://steamdb.info/app/530070/history/

Idk about Tamien, that is another major station where many trains start/end
OpenRailer90

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:36 pm

BNSFdude wrote:They use i-ETMS or something similar by Wabtec. Good luck recreating that.

[url]https://www.wabtec.com/products/1454/i-etms™[/url] (that little TradeMark character belongs in the address bar.)

GPS based, so no beacons in the track it seems. Lets see what DTG made of that in their "ultimate realism in train simulation".
Edwin "Kanawha"
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby cnwfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:48 pm

I'm sure the only safety system they'll have in place is the cab alerter... which is present in the TS2019 version. Given DTG's latest propensity to port TS2019 routes to TSW, I can't image they'll invest any new development on the route. I'm guessing they'll release the route with just the standard F40's and gallery cars, and will sell the Baby Bullet engine / train set as a later "add on".
Howard (cnwfan)
Dyersville, IA
Oelwein & Western Route
cnwfan

Unread postby mjlevy1118 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 am

Different strokes for different folks. I greatly enjoy the challenge of efficient, on-time commuter rail operations and think Caltrain operates an interesting route with interesting equipment, so I'm pretty jazzed for this DLC.

I just hope the route is a full representation of the San Fran-San Jose run and isn't bizarrely truncated like the NEC Newark-New Rochelle addon. The poor choice of route is the reason I never bought that one. I'm praying the Caltrain route doesn't end up being something like San Francisco to Belmont, or somewhere similar halfway along the line. I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic that this one will be better thought-out than previous releases.
Intel Core i5 4460 (3.2GHz) | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Windows 10 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2 GB
mjlevy1118

Unread postby mindenjohn » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:56 am

Hope springs eternal, sadly not always fulfilled but without it....................
John

He who never tries will not fail but will never succeed.
Age doesn’t stop you, it just slows you down.
mindenjohn

PreviousNext

Return to TSW General Forum