First Post As A Civilian

First Post As A Civilian

Unread postby JerryC » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:03 am

There is just something familiar about starting up this locomotive. I just can't quite place my finger on it, but it's like i've done this before...

20180701075136_1.jpg
20180701075136_1.jpg (425.76 KiB) Viewed 934 times
The comments and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the individual who made them. Any resemblance to comments intelligent or ignernt is purely coincidental.
JerryC

Re: First Post As A Civilian

Unread postby PapaXpress » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:05 pm

does the hand brake work?
"Just post some random unrelated text. We have members here who can help you with that." ~ Chacal
"When all else fails, read the instructions... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby JerryC » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Does it physically hold the locomotive, I have not tested that. But it does release and apply by jacking the handle once. I believe another locomotive I've seen before requires three pulls to apply and release.
The comments and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the individual who made them. Any resemblance to comments intelligent or ignernt is purely coincidental.
JerryC

Unread postby PapaXpress » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:02 am

Indeed it did.

I believe that little bit of love was found in a patent...

In order to draw up (i.e. set) the brake chain, as described in the '158 patent, the ratchet handle is pulled repeatedly.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US6427811B1/en

Saves time over buying one:
http://www.grahamwhite.com/products/saf ... king-brake
"Just post some random unrelated text. We have members here who can help you with that." ~ Chacal
"When all else fails, read the instructions... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby BNSFdude » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:30 am

The one they modeled is a Wabtec (Graham White) Safeset rachet replacement brake. To set these, you push an apply button, and a release button to release, yet they have you operate the levers.
Dumb.
Anthony Wood
Audio Engineer - Searchlight Simulations
BNSFdude
Forum Mod

Unread postby JohnS » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 am

BNSFdude wrote:The one they modeled is a Wabtec (Graham White) Safeset rachet replacement brake. To set these, you push an apply button, and a release button to release, yet they have you operate the levers.
Dumb.

Nothing better than after a hot day on the engine, all you have to do is push a button to tie it down. !*cheers*!
John Stephens
Locomotive Engineer
Indiana Harbor Belt
JohnS

Return to TSW General Forum