Railworks America • View topic - RRmods TS17 DLC announcement

RRmods TS17 DLC announcement

Support for RRMods for Railworks products.

Moderator: RRMods

RRmods TS17 DLC announcement

Unread postby BigBoyMoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:49 am

Website for their upcoming TS17 DLC
http://www.rrmods-rw.com/
ayy de la mao
BigBoyMoon

Re: RRmods TS17 DLC announcement

Unread postby hminky » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 am

Have bought their products for Trainz, really good stuff:

Harold
hminky

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:10 am

Excellent news.

Lets hope they have a good sense as to what US players want and need for rolling stock.
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby buzz456 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 am

Their page is kind of confusing right now. You have to dig around to see that all of the avaiable stuff is for Trainz.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby goddrauG » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:43 am

It sucks that it's all Trainz, cause they have a really, really nice looking B&M GP40-2, along with a Guilford GP40-2 phase 2
sreehC,
Jack

goddrauG backwards is Guarddog.
goddrauG

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:57 am

goddrauG wrote:It sucks that it's all Trainz, cause they have a really, really nice looking B&M GP40-2, along with a Guilford GP40-2 phase 2

Porting over the repaints once the base model is exported isn't difficult so give them some time !*salute*!
Kevin Schulz
Artist - Searchlight Simulations
bnsfsubdivision
Forum Mod

Unread postby RAILSOHIO » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 am

I purchased some of their locomotives,and really like the work they do. Maybe we can finally get a GP 38-2 non dynamic unit in RW. I think it might be hard to beat the VRC GP 40s.
RAILSOHIO

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:42 am

RRmods are working on TSW rolling stock, right?
Perhaps depending on their commercial succes they might consider releasing them for TS17 also?

It also remains to be seen wether VRC's locos will be released for TSW anytime soon.

I am glad their will be some competition for US locomotives, the latest DTG efforts have been lacking somewhat in quality and DTM hasn't been able to succesfully compete either. Too many weak points and issues still non resolved.

I bet every creator is waiting for the release of TSW and only will reveal their latest work next year.
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby RAILSOHIO » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:56 am

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:RRmods are working on TSW rolling stock, right?
Perhaps depending on their commercial succes they might consider releasing them for TS17 also?

It also remains to be seen wether VRC's locos will be released for TSW anytime soon.

I am glad their will be some competition for US locomotives, the latest DTG efforts have been lacking somewhat in quality and DTM hasn't been able to succesfully compete either. Too many weak points and issues still non resolved.

I bet every creator is waiting for the release of TSW and only will reveal their latest work next year.

The website makes no mention of the upcoming sim. (TSW) It seems it is for the current platform. That is the reason my post was worded as it was. I would expect RR Mods will see what success they have,then venture into TSW when all the developer tools are in place.
RAILSOHIO

Unread postby buzz456 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:08 am

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:RRmods are working on TSW rolling stock, right?

I disagree. While not perfect the latest releases from both DTG and DTM have been well worth the money IMO.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:15 am

I still have a long list of wanted TS17 items I will only buy at reduced price because they don't meet my expectations for a full price purchase. Yet I immediately paid my 50 bucks for Run8v2 and hardly could wait to try out the new features.
Depending on the succes of TSW, I might never ever even purchase that wish list.

The screenshots on the title page http://www.rrmods-rw.com/ look very much like TS17, so I think some content has already been exported.

Keep checking that page for more announcements.
The other significant 3rd party provider for Trainz/TANE, Jointed Rail, still has plans to launch their own UE4 train simulator under Crossties Studios label. Nothing has been heard of it lately I think.
Depending upon the succes of TSW, they too might jump in and provide TSW with US rolling stock and routes.

TANE still doesn't deliver what was promised and expected, and perhaps JR will even jump ship if more sales can be had from TSW customers?

With UE4 more or less being an industry standard, well supported, well documented, more providers joining the TSW platform should be expected and is to be welcomed.

How many weeks before the TSW limited beta release?
Last edited by _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edwin "Kanawha"
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby BigBoyMoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:18 am

Being in both JR and RRmods chats, they do want to try TSW seeing as UE4 is much easier to port in compared to the current engine, and how easy their content could be reached on Steam with the DTG partner program
ayy de la mao
BigBoyMoon

Unread postby Boss1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:52 pm

This is great news! I really enjoy my RR-Mods locomotives for TANE and look forward to seeing them in TS2107 & TSW.
I-7 4770K @ 4.5 Ghz, EVGA 1080ti 11Gb SC2 Gaming, Corsair H110 water cooler, Asus Maximus VI Hero, EVGA Supernova 1000 watt power supply, Team Extreme LV 16 Gb ram @2100 MHz, Four Samsung Evo solid state drives, Windows 10 64 bit.
Boss1

Unread postby ex-railwayman » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:38 pm

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:Excellent news.
Lets hope they have a good sense as to what US players want and need for rolling stock.

Well, seeing as though they are all from the USA, I don't think you'll have any problem with their top quality content, Edwin.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. !!*ok*!!
i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
ex-railwayman

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:23 am

Kevin Schulz
Artist - Searchlight Simulations
bnsfsubdivision
Forum Mod

Next

Return to RRMods