Future of TS2017

This forum is for the latest version of Train Simulator TS 2017

Future of TS2017

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:26 am

"Craig ***** Not sure if I want it. The beta experience put me off. Will TS 2017 be left to die?
Like · Reply · 4 · March 2 at 1:33pm
Train Simulator
Train Simulator Certainly not, we will continue to release content both in house and alongside our third party partners for Train Simulator for the foreseeable future and will continue to support the game for as long as players want to continue building their collections."

From DTG FaceBook page.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
Image
User avatar
buzz456
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13807
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:30 am
Location: Sycamore, Il

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby ZekTheKid » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:42 am

Well that's re-assuring. Most sims have been left to rot and are run completely run by 3rd parties. At least DTG is continuing to act as TSW was never there. :D
Image
"It's not a train without GE" -YLR
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/yourlocalrailfan
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClzRkO ... fjbNqrF1tw

It's September. Freshmen year is here, but at least school with a sibling make it interesting...
User avatar
ZekTheKid
 
Posts: 2282
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:05 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:48 am

We will see how this plan evolves.

TSW will take perhaps 2 years to fully establish itself in all designated markets. Not all independent developers have been let in on the secrets yet. So these are likely to continue releasing for TS17 until the dev kit of TSW is released to them.

DTG will probably also need the money off TS17 to sustain continued development of TSW that most likely incurs losses the first year of its existence.

It all makes sense, but on the longer term, one of the two will persevere over the other.
Last edited by _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edwin "Kanawha"
Image
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
User avatar
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:01 am

I certainly don't want to get in a long discussion about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin however we have Tranz,MSTS,Run8 and TS2017 all at the same time so why not TS20XX and TSW at the same time. I know I know all the "realism" and such of TSW but there is a huge way to go to reach the amount of fabulous content available on TS2017 as it stands now. I'm just reassured that if they are to be believed support for TS20xx isn't going away anytime soon.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
Image
User avatar
buzz456
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13807
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:30 am
Location: Sycamore, Il

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby Chacal » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:35 am

This is good news. It shows maturity. DTG is now stable enough that it doesn't need to go for a fast buck to survive.
They are treating TSW as a completely different game, like their fishing simulator for example, and not as the next version of TS2017.
So TS2017 remains the current product, bringing in steady profit, while they introduce new games.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal
 
Posts: 4443
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:11 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby BoostedFridge » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 pm

It makes sense. Looking at just third party developers working through the DTG partner program, there is probably at least a years worth of releases already 'in the pipeline'.
SP Siskiyou Line - Scenery WIP

www.pacificcoastrailworks.com
User avatar
BoostedFridge
 
Posts: 1553
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:39 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby NStrains » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:41 pm

BoostedFridge wrote:It makes sense. Looking at just third party developers working through the DTG partner program, there is probably at least a years worth of releases already 'in the pipeline'.

Exactly!!!

There's no way DTG would abandon the market they have in Train Simulator. It would be business suicide.
User avatar
NStrains
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 pm
Location: VA near the "B-Line"

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby NYWhiskey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:20 pm

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:
TSW will take perhaps 2 years to fully establish itself in all designated markets.


What? I've had Rail Simulator since day one. What was that, 2007? Ten years ago and people are still bitching.

TSW has ten years to mature. Today's "snowflake" culture wants a "win" right out of the box. They have no idea all the work we all put in.

I foresee screaming and crying for the next ten years! Tell me that doesn't make you look forward to tomorrow. !*don-know!* !**duh*!! *!lol!*
User avatar
NYWhiskey
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Bronx, NY

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:33 pm

NYWhiskey wrote:
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:
TSW will take perhaps 2 years to fully establish itself in all designated markets.


What? I've had Rail Simulator since day one. What was that, 2007? Ten years ago and people are still bitching.

TSW has ten years to mature. Today's "snowflake" culture wants a "win" right out of the box. They have no idea all the work we all put in.

I foresee screaming and crying for the next ten years! Tell me that doesn't make you look forward to tomorrow. !*don-know!* !**duh*!! *!lol!*


Just keep the positive NY attitude. !*roll-laugh*! !*roll-laugh*!
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
Image
User avatar
buzz456
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13807
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:30 am
Location: Sycamore, Il

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby NYWhiskey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:46 pm

buzz456 wrote:
NYWhiskey wrote:Just keep the positive NY attitude. !*roll-laugh*! !*roll-laugh*!


I'm the last of the NY attitude. I'm surrounded by more snowflakes than the Nor'Easter that just blew through. !*don-know!* !*roll-laugh*!
User avatar
NYWhiskey
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:27 pm
Location: Bronx, NY

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby NStrains » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:48 pm

NYWhiskey wrote:
buzz456 wrote:
NYWhiskey wrote:Just keep the positive NY attitude. !*roll-laugh*! !*roll-laugh*!


I'm the last of the NY attitude. I'm surrounded by more snowflakes than the Nor'Easter that just blew through. !*don-know!* !*roll-laugh*!

!*roll-laugh*!
User avatar
NStrains
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:31 pm
Location: VA near the "B-Line"

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby GenericZack » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:58 pm

Oh boi oh boi
Owner
Pacific Coast Railworks

http://www.pacificcoastrailworks.com
User avatar
GenericZack
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Fairfield California

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby Hack » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:31 am

buzz456 wrote:...positive NY attitude. !*roll-laugh*! !*roll-laugh*!


Oxymoron...?

*!!wink!!*
Cheers!
Marc - 3DTrains

Image
User avatar
Hack
Forum Mod
 
Posts: 2722
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:17 am
Location: Another Planet

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby buzz456 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:39 am

Meanwhile over here on the sim where we know what we're doing I got another four miles sceniced (possibly a new word I invented) on the MRL, made major mods to a new loco toy and finished up one of my several paint jobs I have been working on. Much less drama than with TSW but I don't need too much drama right now.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
Image
User avatar
buzz456
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13807
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:30 am
Location: Sycamore, Il

Re: Future of TS2017

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:06 am

buzz456 wrote:Meanwhile over here on the sim where we know what we're doing I got another four miles sceniced (possibly a new word I invented) on the MRL, made major mods to a new loco toy and finished up one of my several paint jobs I have been working on. Much less drama than with TSW but I don't need too much drama right now.


I believe its 'scenicked' and I remember the word from my Model Railroader years. I doubt it is any dictionary though ...
Edwin "Kanawha"
Image
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
User avatar
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Next

Return to TS2017

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest