Split this topic into two sections

This forum is for anyone to write a review on a piece of DLC they purchased.

Split this topic into two sections

Unread postby HankySpanky » Tue May 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Seems to me that this topic is not all that popular nor productive.

May I suggest that this topic be split into two sections; Preserving the current reviews of purchased DLC, and creating a new section for reviews of freeware offered in the File Library through the efforts of so many RWA members.

The reasons I think this would be helpful is that there is no "slot" in the forums assigned for comments on the File Library freeware. Members are only left with an ambiguous interpretation of a practically non participant star rating. I think this feature would bring the star ratings back to life if members could explain their thoughts on why they rated a product one star, two stars, or five. It could generate productive discussions as well as provide helpful tips on how to make things better through constructive criticism, not to mention the oh-so glorious shower of praise for a job well done.

You run the show here Bob, what to you think?
"Manny - I need shoes!"
HankySpanky

Re: Split this topic into two sections

Unread postby artimrj » Tue May 12, 2015 9:11 pm

I think this forum has been here since February and has 4 topics, 2 are reviews. And mine about Trainz. So no one has bought anything since February or no one wants to write a review. Actually I have been asking people to write stuff since I took over. Not too much in the Learning Center, no reviews on really anything, no editorials or even train type stories or anything for the web site. Show me something, not just you but a lot of you. And make that good reviews not this is great buy or this sucks don't buy it or download it or whatever. A nice neat review of what it, does how it does it, or it don't. Being impartial would also help as too many of you are aggravated all the time because DTG does not do things the way you want or expect or whatever.

So show me something and we can do it anyway you all want. My goal has always been to have the best site, you guys make it or break it, I just keep it going.
Bob Artim - Generation X²
I don't have a PHD, I have a DD214... Freedom carries sacrifice

6th Gen i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz, 16 gig, NVidia GTX 970 4 Gig, 5 TB of Maxtor HDs, 128 Gig SSD, 800 W PSU & Win 10 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Unread postby HankySpanky » Thu May 14, 2015 11:47 am

Forget it. I certainly hope you are not expecting scholarly analysis from a bunch of gamers, are you?
"Manny - I need shoes!"
HankySpanky

Unread postby artimrj » Thu May 14, 2015 12:21 pm

Yeah that's about what I figured. Oh well.
Bob Artim - Generation X²
I don't have a PHD, I have a DD214... Freedom carries sacrifice

6th Gen i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz, 16 gig, NVidia GTX 970 4 Gig, 5 TB of Maxtor HDs, 128 Gig SSD, 800 W PSU & Win 10 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Return to User Reviews