[Explanation] Why we don't see some railroads in RSC DLC

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Re: [Explanation] Why we don't see some railroads in RSC DLC

Unread postby SCLJim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 am

This reminds me of a thread I noticed on a another forum. A freelance artist received a cease and desist letter from Lockheed Martin due to him selling prints of a USAF F-16 he painted. The artist actually won this battle since he was recreating a military project in a military paint scheme that in turn, made it public domain. Lockheed Martin then came back and asked that he remove the words General Dynamics, F-16. He wound up having to remove General Dynamics but the term F-16 is a military designation and also public domain, so he won that one as well. In short, Lockheed Martin just wanted to bully this guy into getting what they want.

It's really sad to see the state of things as far as artistic expression and creation and it will only get worse. I can almost understand the major players wanting a piece of the pie when you're selling items with their name attached, but what really floors me are the attacks on freeware items. Honestly the money they spend policing their trademark probably far exceeds the money they bring in.
SCLJim

Re: [Explanation] Why we don't see some railroads in RSC DLC

Unread postby SCLJim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:20 am

micaelcorleone wrote:
SpeedbumpJoey wrote:(...) But, others have recognized that and others are changing their minds. Slowly but surely fellas!

Fortuantely, UP has changed its mind, while some others seem to be still very narrow-minded *cough* CSX *cough*.

Wasn't it UP that put a stipulation on their license that their logo had to be represented in a clean and unblemished state?
SCLJim

Previous

Return to General Discussion