Durango & Silverton

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Re: Durango & Silverton

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:16 pm

I use DAP9.7 for downloads. Works great.
Buzz
Image Buzz
Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
Zig Ziglar
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby NKP1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Not impressed. !*not-ok*! I can not get any coal or water by the roundhouse. That simply is not functional. Nor is there any steam fuel indicated on the map. There is NO cab interior at all. When I ring the bell it does not move. Not as interesting as I thought it would be. I'm going back to the Tori's route and Dick's locomotives until g-trax can kick out some patches.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
http://www.nkphts.org/history.html
NKP1

Unread postby robbit » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Well all I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! I absolutely Love it. It is better than the Donner Pass IMHO!
Worth every penny! Hats off to all involved in its creation !!howdy!! !!howdy!! !!howdy!! !*cheers*! !*salute*! !*salute*! **!!bow!!** **!!bow!!**
robbit

Unread postby NDORFN » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 pm

robbit wrote:It is better than the Donner Pass IMHO!

What ISN'T better than the Donner Pass?
NDORFN

Unread postby PapaXpress » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm

NKP1 wrote:Not impressed. !*not-ok*! I can not get any coal or water by the roundhouse. That simply is not functional. Nor is there any steam fuel indicated on the map. There is NO cab interior at all. When I ring the bell it does not move. Not as interesting as I thought it would be. I'm going back to the Tori's route and Dick's locomotives until g-trax can kick out some patches.

Whoa.... calm down. It clearly states on the Gtrax site:
The D&SNGRR owns and operates four K-36 locomotives, as well as several other non-operating museum locomotives. It does not own any K-27s. The K-27 used in the virtual D&S route was donated to the project by Barry "Captain Bazza" Munro. Being of MSTS heritage, it lacks a true 3D cab, but it is otherwise fully drivable. For now the cab view is similar to what you see in MSTS when you press Shift+1. A K-36 is in the works, complete with a 3D cab, but a release date has not been established.
"So much energy harassed in these beasts." ~ styckx
"When all else fails, read the instructions ... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
RW Sites: The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby NKP1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm

There is no cab at all. And no way to get water. These are simply initial observations and not in any way critical of what I'm sure is a fine route.
NKP1

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 pm

I sure hope someone at G-Trax can pass on to others how to get this level of immersion with the great frame rates that this route seems to run at so far. This looks to be a great leap forward for the game and I hope they don't keep this all a secret. !*brav*! **!!bow!!** !*salute*!
!*YAAA*!
Buzz
Image Buzz
Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
Zig Ziglar
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby bpetit » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:52 pm

So when part 2 comes out you think we will have to pay again?
"I saw nothing, nooothingggg."

My Youtube Channel (Railfanning and Train Simulator 2014)
http://www.youtube.com/user/3985gtasa

Blog:
http://3985gtasayoutube.blogspot.com/
bpetit

Unread postby B-24_LIBERATOR » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:07 pm

I like the route, not having a cab does bother me a bit but I'm sure we'll get it sooner or later :D I haven't had enough time to see the entire run yet but I've gotten to see a decent portion of it and I really ejnoyed it!

Mabey just finish up the rolling stock (some freight mabey?) and one of their other engines (the one I got dragged behind when I rode the D&SRR)

And the open "gondola" car

Overall I'm pretty happy with the route, the scenery is great! !!*ok*!! The passenger cars all look fabulous too! I'm just hoping for some work on the engine (mostly a cab and to do better textures and add an alpha channel(I am sure someone could make a skin if they wanted to also)).
Life is like a dark train ride through the mountains... can't see the track in the distance or know where the next switch will send you. You might come across a dead end and have to turn back, or you may take a turn on a siding you would have never expected! You may not always reach your destination, but you will never get anywhere by backing down.
B-24_LIBERATOR

Unread postby ozinoz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

The idea of the project is that it is a "community project" Now that the route is out there, it is an opportunity for modellers / reskinners etc to maybe have a look at "donating" some time and provide something towards the next phase release. Maybe some narrow gauge gons, flats etc or open passenger car or a specific Durango or Silverton building or two. The K27 is only a stop gap until a K36 can be done, but it wasn't worth holding up the entire route for what might be some months. If anybody has something, or can provide something, I am sure Rick or Timm would love to hear from you.

!*cheers*!

ps: I know it is not authentic, but I quite like that "Bumblebee" livery, and that is one of the best pics I have seen of it it action. As much as I would love to, I just cant get half way round the world for my NG fix as often as I would like :D
ozinoz

Unread postby NKP1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:41 pm

I don't get it. We're supposed to assemble the cars in the exact numbering sequence and park the train pointing north at the station. Ok so I just spent 2 1/2 hours doing exactly that and I mean right in the specified sequence. But the scenario will not complete. In fact the marshaling portion is still not a green check. Huh? It's all together. Why not? Is there as certain manner in which they want this train assembled? If so, what is it? I didn't think that mattered as long as we got it together ok and in the correct numerical sequence and pointing in the right direction. Someone explain please. I see if you go to part 2 - Hermosa, you'll see the cars assembled differently. Looks better. I wonder if I assemble the cars in Part 1 the same as they are in Part 2 if I will pass the part 1 scenario and get a green check?
Attachments
Screenshot_Durango and Silverton_37.27002--107.88306_09-41-07a.jpg
Screenshot_Durango and Silverton_37.27002--107.88306_09-41-07a.jpg (217.98 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Screenshot_Durango and Silverton_37.26869--107.88265_09-41-30a.jpg
Screenshot_Durango and Silverton_37.26869--107.88265_09-41-30a.jpg (235.16 KiB) Viewed 507 times
NKP1

Unread postby gleno747 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 am

It's around the wrong way, the green car should be pointing toward Silverton, In part 2 the train departs the station and goes around the loop that goes around the roundhouse, then it proceeds towards Silverton.

Glen
gleno747

Unread postby NKP1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:55 am

Thank you! !!*ok*!! I will go back and try to do it right. At work now. Four hours sleep. And all I'm hearing still is that steam whistle.
NKP1

Unread postby LionelDave » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 am

This is all I expected to be and more. I just love the K-27 and can't wait for a K-36.

I just want to thank everyone for telling me I need a download manger to get it. Once I did that; it downloaded ok and everything worked great.

This is the first time I ever need a manger and without this thread I never woukd have realized it.

Dave
LionelDave

Unread postby jpetersjr » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 am

Where can we get the download manager at by the way?
If we work at it we can bring back the 30's and the 60's to Railworks with custom buildings, cars and routes to simulate the era.
Building up the past.
...Cheers...
Big J
jpetersjr

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion