Durango & Silverton

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Re: Durango & Silverton

Unread postby arizonachris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm gonna keep that Free Download Manager. Thanks, Shi, a great find! I thought Firefox was good. I just downloaded the entire D&S in under 4 minutes. Wow. OK, time to run FRAPS and get some screen shots! See y'all on the tracks! !!*ok*!! !*salute*!
GA-990FXA-UD5, FX4350, 16Gb G Skill , EVGA GTX960 2Gb, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb SATA III, BD DVDRW,
Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM
Asus 10" "Transformer" w/ Win 10, Samsung 7" tablet, Nokia 635 w/ Win 10

Proud Volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
arizonachris

Unread postby Kali » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Chris, get the FlashGot plugin for FF & integrate FDM into it.

I managed to get mine hours ago, still haven't got round to installing it...
Kali

Unread postby arizonachris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:23 pm

Kali wrote: get the FlashGot plugin for FF & integrate FDM into it.

OK, I'll see if I can figure out how to do that later. just taking a little break right now from this fantastic route. Runs so good I can't believe 45 to 60 frames! smooth, beautiful. gonna post screen shots after I sift thru them later (took way too many pics, LOL)

Flash Got was easy. Firefox says the FDM plug in is not compatable with FF11.0. It's OK, I can still use FDM manually. Now, back to your regularly scheduled Railworks!
GA-990FXA-UD5, FX4350, 16Gb G Skill , EVGA GTX960 2Gb, 240Gb SSD, 1Tb SATA III, BD DVDRW,

arizonachris

Unread postby Samwolf » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Finally got it downloaded and installed. Gave it a quick test run and already I can't wait for the upgrades!!

Congrats. !*brav*!
If God had intended for man to fly, He wouldn't have given us the railroads.
Samwolf

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:34 pm

I am not so lucky in downloading yet. The server is a real PITA, dropping the connection every 5 minutes or so. I am still able to resume the broken download each time, fingers crossed. Hopefully the file is intact, so I won't have to stay up the whole night to start all over again.
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby PapaXpress » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:38 pm

Same here. At around 27mb it fails.
"Just post some random unrelated text. We have members here who can help you with that." ~ Chacal
"When all else fails, read the instructions... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby Kali » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:05 pm

arizonachris wrote:Flash Got was easy. Firefox says the FDM plug in is not compatable with FF11.0. It's OK, I can still use FDM manually. Now, back to your regularly scheduled Railworks!

It's ok, tell Flashgot you've got FDM installed and it will use it.

Only had a quick play, but yeah the route seems to work very well.
Kali

Unread postby thecanadianrail » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:35 pm

oddly enough, when driving my steam generation rate somehow went to 1500 down to 2.4 for no apparant reason and will not go back up!?!?!?!?
Canadian National Railways
Courtesy and Service

Proud supporter/builder of the Montana Rail Link project
thecanadianrail

Unread postby arizonachris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Y'all that are having trouble downloading, the "Magic Bullet" is Free Download manager: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm I'm tellin' Y'all, took me all of 4 minutes to download the whole enchilada!

Thanks, Kali, I'll give that a try soon as I come up for air, LOL. Fell into the river once, won't do that again. !DUH!

arizonachris

Unread postby ozinoz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

i tested this route over a couple of weeks and I can tell you, it is both fun and hard :D At one point climbing up past Pinkerton Siding and Shanoma Lake, I was down to under 2 1/2 miles an hour, so I would NEVER get a real job with the D&S !*roll-laugh*! (although did manage to not stall it out on the grade, and there was NO CHANCE of a photo run by for any photographers) Then you have to keep it below speed on the downhill run round the Highline - it is not as easy as it looks; but it does look beautiful :D

!!howdy!! Hats off to Rick and Timm - a super project and a worthy cause.

!*cheers*!

G
ozinoz

Unread postby buzz456 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:16 pm

I use DAP9.7 for downloads. Works great.
Buzz
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby NKP1 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:52 pm

Not impressed. !*not-ok*! I can not get any coal or water by the roundhouse. That simply is not functional. Nor is there any steam fuel indicated on the map. There is NO cab interior at all. When I ring the bell it does not move. Not as interesting as I thought it would be. I'm going back to the Tori's route and Dick's locomotives until g-trax can kick out some patches.
Nickel Plate High Speed Service
http://www.nkphts.org/history.html
NKP1

Unread postby robbit » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:59 pm

Well all I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! I absolutely Love it. It is better than the Donner Pass IMHO!
Worth every penny! Hats off to all involved in its creation !!howdy!! !!howdy!! !!howdy!! !*cheers*! !*salute*! !*salute*! **!!bow!!** **!!bow!!**
robbit

Unread postby NDORFN » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 pm

robbit wrote:It is better than the Donner Pass IMHO!

What ISN'T better than the Donner Pass?
NDORFN

Unread postby PapaXpress » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:17 pm

NKP1 wrote:Not impressed. !*not-ok*! I can not get any coal or water by the roundhouse. That simply is not functional. Nor is there any steam fuel indicated on the map. There is NO cab interior at all. When I ring the bell it does not move. Not as interesting as I thought it would be. I'm going back to the Tori's route and Dick's locomotives until g-trax can kick out some patches.

Whoa.... calm down. It clearly states on the Gtrax site:
The D&SNGRR owns and operates four K-36 locomotives, as well as several other non-operating museum locomotives. It does not own any K-27s. The K-27 used in the virtual D&S route was donated to the project by Barry "Captain Bazza" Munro. Being of MSTS heritage, it lacks a true 3D cab, but it is otherwise fully drivable. For now the cab view is similar to what you see in MSTS when you press Shift+1. A K-36 is in the works, complete with a 3D cab, but a release date has not been established.
"Just post some random unrelated text. We have members here who can help you with that." ~ Chacal
"When all else fails, read the instructions... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion