March Madness Sale - Steam/DTG

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

March Madness Sale - Steam/DTG

Unread postby ChrisOnline » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Sale now on through the end of the month. The excellent Sacramento & Northern Route 30% off, $27.99

The perfect companion for my GE 44 Tonner S&N repaints in the library . . . or is it the other way round?
http://railworksamerica.com/index.php/d ... e-repaints
ChrisOnline

Re: March Madness Sale - Steam/DTG

Unread postby ex-railwayman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:35 am

Hahaha, I can't fault your free advertising and marketing technique, young man, well done. !!*ok*!!

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
ex-railwayman

Unread postby ChrisOnline » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:54 am

I'm a Realtor, it is second nature :)

But seriously . . .
ChrisOnline

Unread postby TDHenderson » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am

I see the San Francisco route is 60% off. Any comments? The price is right.
TDHenderson

Unread postby ex-railwayman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:40 am

I've just bought that myself, Squire, I am checking the Google Street View images of San Fran against the route at the moment, it looks quite true to form, and as the route is 60% off at the moment, I couldn't resist it really. Plus you get the CalTrain, and I can run my UP and SP freight trains on here as well, it looks a good price for what you get.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
ex-railwayman

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 am

That's about the third time I'd seen Feather River in a sale, alongside the perennial sale item Munich - Rosenheim (which is a dreadful all around according to the German board)

I got myself the Feather River and California Zephyr and the California Peninsula route to complete my USA collection.

I will never buy Feather River at full price, for I don't subscribe to the idea that 2/3 of a crew district should be called a complete route. Oroville - Portola is WP's 3rd Sub, the route ending at Quincy Jct just didn't cut it for me. But at 60% off, why not, even if only for the assets?

Some items are 100% off, but only in combination with others in so called bundles???
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Unread postby buzz456 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:01 am

If you bought that don't forget about DeeLee's FR extension.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby ex-railwayman » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 pm

_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:That's about the third time I'd seen Feather River in a sale, alongside the perennial sale item Munich - Rosenheim (which is a dreadful all around according to the German board)

I got myself the Feather River.
But at 60% off, why not, even if only for the assets?

Edwin, If I may be permitted to interpret what they have nearly all said about Marienplatz, was if DTG had implemented the real Marienplatz, there would have been a problem with the track plan because of the overlying tracks, especially in the editor. Nevertheless, they could at least have separated the two tracks, albeit at the same level, but, they have now completely implemented it fictitiously. So, I personally overlooked this little problem, as I am not too interested with their Underground rail system, and I obtained the Munich - Rosenheim route which I think is brilliant, I personally think it's better than the Augsburg and Garmisch routes, there is nothing WRONG with it, at all, it's very modern, it's very nicely built, the trackwork is smooth running and excellently constructed, with lots of things to do, Munich is massive with about 4 yards and a huge Depot, you can run freight and passenger trains all the way down to Rosenheim, don't forget that the Trainworks team did an upgrade on this route with trackwork, signals and vegetation, my only criticism is that it is only 64 km (40 miles) long, I would have liked to have gone further *!!wink!!* , it's no different to the S1 Hamburg to Lubeck layout, which I have also purchased, they, for me, are 2 of the best German layouts we have ever had from DTG, in my opinion.

And don't forget to obtain all the reskins of the Feather River F7 loco by our lovely friend Buzz, all in the library.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
Last edited by ex-railwayman on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ex-railwayman

Unread postby ET44C4 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:43 pm

ex-railwayman wrote:
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha wrote:That's about the third time I'd seen Feather River in a sale, alongside the perennial sale item Munich - Rosenheim (which is a dreadful all around according to the German board)

I got myself the Feather River.
But at 60% off, why not, even if only for the assets?
And don't forget to obtain all the reskins of the Feather River F7 loco by our lovely friend Buzz, all in the library.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

I want to buy the Feather River route mainly for Buzz's amazing repaints! !!*ok*!!
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Unread postby ChrisOnline » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:07 pm

buzz456 wrote:If you bought that don't forget about DeeLee's FR extension.

What is that, Buzz? Could you elaborate on the name, I don't see it in the library
ChrisOnline

Unread postby buzz456 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:05 pm

Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:42 am

it seems all the bundled offers were messed up and have been pulled from the sale.

There are still some price discrepancies: WP GP20 is advertised at 30% off, yet I bought it at 50% off *!greengrin!* .
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Return to General Discussion