it's so good, TSW may change the way I sim

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

it's so good, TSW may change the way I sim

Unread postby gwgardner » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Railworks/TS has such fine editing capabilities, that I've always spent way more time with route creation and making scenarios. Even a noob like me can come up with some interesting stuff.

Now with TSW, the combination of the lifelike visuals and sounds is making the running of the trains exciting. I've only done a couple of the tutorials, and about 20 minutes into the first scenario, and this is the first time in my 15 or so years in train simming to get that same thrill I had as a kid, standing on the platform in my home town, watching and listening as those beautiful FW&D F7s pulled up.

I'm looking forward to simply running the trains now, rather than trying to recreate some bygone era with a route (not that I'm going to stop that!).

Can't wait till TSW comes out with some steam era stuff.
gwgardner

Re: it's so good, TSW may change the way I sim

Unread postby BoostedFridge » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Thats great to hear! I'm with you in that I had more fun in TS201X building than driving.
SP Siskiyou Line - Scenery WIP
BoostedFridge

Re: it's so good, TSW may change the way I sim

Unread postby OldProf » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:21 pm

I agree for now, but that's easy to say when writing scenarios isn't possible yet. Ah, that new sim smell!
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Return to General Discussion