Track question.

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Track question.

Unread postby CASO » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Is it possible to lower track? I want to lower terrain under a yard, and I wonder if there was a way of lowering the track afterwards. Thanks.
CASO

Re: Track question.

Unread postby _o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:10 pm

CASO wrote:Is it possible to lower track? I want to lower terrain under a yard, and I wonder if there was a way of lowering the track afterwards. Thanks.

RW_Tools can lower track for you, but only globally, that is for the whole route.

Lowering the track in a yard? Probably only by hand, but you'll have to create transitions in and out of the yard.
Edwin "Kanawha"
The Chessie, the train that never was ... (6000 hp Baldwin-Westinghouse steam turbine electric)
_o_OOOO_oo-Kanawha

Re: Track question.

Unread postby BoostedFridge » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:07 pm

CASO wrote:Is it possible to lower track? I want to lower terrain under a yard, and I wonder if there was a way of lowering the track afterwards. Thanks.

You can left click and drag the 'selection circle' until it covers all of the track (and any assets nearby) that you want to lower. When you release the mouse button it should highlight all assets it has captured in a red outline. Then you can use the raise/lower keys (V and B) or the object tool to raise and lower them.
SP Siskiyou Line - Scenery WIP
BoostedFridge

Return to General Discussion