Graffiti

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Graffiti

Unread postby ET44C4 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:19 pm

Is there a route or a place where I can find graffiti as an object to place in-game? Something like a decal that you can place in the world editor for buildings, bridges, walls, etc.
"Santa Fe All The Way"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)

ET44C4

Re: Graffiti

Unread postby harryadkins » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:41 pm

If you Google (or search) graffiti and select images, you will find tons of images to work with. I have a library of graffiti that I've "cleaned up" and placed on transparent backgrounds with PSD. Although I don't include graffiti with the majority of my uploads, many of my personal models look a lot more realistic with the images. Be sure to layer your graffiti on top of your reskin, but below your weathering.

Remember to have fun.

Harry
harryadkins

Unread postby ET44C4 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm

harryadkins wrote:If you Google (or search) graffiti and select images, you will find tons of images to work with. I have a library of graffiti that I've "cleaned up" and placed on transparent backgrounds with PSD. Although I don't include graffiti with the majority of my uploads, many of my personal models look a lot more realistic with the images. Be sure to layer your graffiti on top of your reskin, but below your weathering.

Remember to have fun.

Harry

Thanks for your reply. Is there a good object to work with where I can make the texture transparent and then place the graffiti on top of it? I would like to be able to place the graffiti as an object in the world editor so I can place it on walls, buildings, etc.
"Santa Fe All The Way"

ET44C4

Unread postby NYWhiskey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:40 pm

If I an understanding you correctly you can't do that in the editor. You need to edit the texture file in a paint program like Photoshop or GIMP, then you can get it in the game.
NYWhiskey

Unread postby jalsina » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Google this:
"graffiti on white background" (or any other color you wish).
Load an image, select the boundary, convert white (outside of selection) to transparent (alpha) and there you have a bunch of graffiti to choose from.
Intel i7-4790K (8M, 4.40 GHz) - MSI Z97 MB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM 2400 MHz
GPU EVGA GTX-1060 OC 6GB at 1920x1080, 144 Hz - Monitor ASUS VG-248QE
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby harryadkins » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:40 pm

I use the Magic Wand to select the graffiti; copy it; and paste it into a new file with a transparent background. Then I save the file as a PSD document.

Harry
harryadkins

Unread postby ET44C4 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am

Basically I'm wondering if there is an object that is already in the game (like a 2D sign) that I can go in and make a repaint of and make it's texture transparent and then add the graffiti so I can use it in routes. I know how to repaint it and where to find images and such things like that.
"Santa Fe All The Way"

ET44C4

Return to General Discussion