Can't Find an Asset

Discuss almost anything about RailWorks.

Can't Find an Asset

Unread postby ET44C4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:22 am

I need to make a texture for someone on an asset but I can't find it anywhere. Here is a hint if someone might know what route it comes from. It's almost like a platform number and is small and white. It's shaped like a small box and has multiple numbers in-game like 1, 2, 3, etc. It's almost like the sign that tells the engineer of a commuter train where to stop on a platform depending on how many cars the train consists of. ("3" would be where the train would stop if it had three cars) Any help on where I can find this asset?
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Re: Can't Find an Asset

Unread postby buzz456 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:47 am

If you know the name of it just do a search of all assets and it should pop up. If you don't know the name try a guess and see what you find.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby ET44C4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:30 am

buzz456 wrote:If you know the name of it just do a search of all assets and it should pop up. If you don't know the name try a guess and see what you find.

Yeah I didn't know the name, but I found what I'm looking for. It's in multiple routes, but I'm using the one(s) in the Kent High Speed route. Is it possible to make repaints for textures?
Santa Fe All The Way
Farm Use

ET44C4

Unread postby buzz456 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:42 am

ET44C4 wrote:
buzz456 wrote:If you know the name of it just do a search of all assets and it should pop up. If you don't know the name try a guess and see what you find.

Yeah I didn't know the name, but I found what I'm looking for. It's in multiple routes, but I'm using the one(s) in the Kent High Speed route. Is it possible to make repaints for textures?

Sure just find the TgPcDx file for that asset and paint away. If you want to keep the original also you'll have to do the copy rename and such just like you do with a wagon or locomotive.
Buzz
39 and holding.
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby ET44C4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:03 am

buzz456 wrote:
ET44C4 wrote:

Sure just find the TgPcDx file for that asset and paint away. If you want to keep the original also you'll have to do the copy rename and such just like you do with a wagon or locomotive.

Okay. Do I need to copy just the .bin and TgPcDx?
Santa Fe All The Way
Farm Use

ET44C4

Unread postby buzz456 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:12 am

If it is structured as a separate object you will need to add the geo as well. If it's in a open group then you just need to make a new bin with a new name and a new TgPcDx named whatever you new asset is going to be called. I hope that makes sense.
Buzz
39 and holding.
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby ET44C4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:41 am

buzz456 wrote:If it is structured as a separate object you will need to add the geo as well. If it's in a open group then you just need to make a new bin with a new name and a new TgPcDx named whatever you new asset is going to be called. I hope that makes sense.

Alright thanks for the help.
Santa Fe All The Way
Farm Use

ET44C4

Unread postby ET44C4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:02 pm

buzz456 wrote:If it is structured as a separate object you will need to add the geo as well. If it's in a open group then you just need to make a new bin with a new name and a new TgPcDx named whatever you new asset is going to be called. I hope that makes sense.

The asset I'm using is from the Kent High Speed route. It is the platform number. I can see there is four .bin files and only one texture file that includes numbers 1-20. In the .bin I don't see the texture file being mentioned at all except the GeoPcDx.

Here are the files I am dealing with:

platformnumbers.TgPcDx

Platform_number01.bin

Platform_number01.GeoPcDx
Santa Fe All The Way
Farm Use

ET44C4

Unread postby ET44C4 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:38 pm

ET44C4 wrote:

The asset I'm using is from the Kent High Speed route. It is the platform number. I can see there is four .bin files and only one texture file that includes numbers 1-20. In the .bin I don't see the texture file being mentioned at all except the GeoPcDx.

Here are the files I am dealing with:

platformnumbers.TgPcDx

Platform_number01.bin

Platform_number01.GeoPcDx

Does anyone know what to do here?
Santa Fe All The Way
Farm Use

ET44C4

Return to General Discussion