Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Discuss modifications for anything for the RW&A Lakeside route and assets.

Moderator: ricksan

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby Chacal » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:50 pm

Maybe you could publish this software tool. I can help making it publishable.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal
 
Posts: 4626
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 pm
Location: Quebec, Canada

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby wacampbell » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:05 am

Chacal wrote:Maybe you could publish this software tool. I can help making it publishable.


Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, my program is a bit of a one-time-use hack - not suitable for release.
Wayne Campbell
wacampbell
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Wow Wayne this looks outstanding, Looking forward to seeing the development as it nears completion. Will be a great add on for all the transition guys like me who like the smell of Alco's in the morning.
There's Always Plenty To Do, When your on the V.2

V.R.E.A. Founder
The Lake Superior & Western RR.V.2
http://railroadersonline.freeforums.net/
User avatar
Coaltrain1
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:28 am
Location: Clarksburg WV

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby wacampbell » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:45 pm

Here's a couple of shots taken along the CAMFOR branch.

No 4 running logs out to Junction crosses Pelkie Marsh early one morning.
24010_2016-01-01_00001.jpg
24010_2016-01-01_00001.jpg (242.47 KiB) Viewed 3261 times



A visiting RW&A Alco poses on Bridge No 2.
24010_2016-01-01_00002.jpg
24010_2016-01-01_00002.jpg (363.33 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
Wayne Campbell
wacampbell
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Wow that looks awesome.
There's Always Plenty To Do, When your on the V.2

V.R.E.A. Founder
The Lake Superior & Western RR.V.2
http://railroadersonline.freeforums.net/
User avatar
Coaltrain1
 
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:28 am
Location: Clarksburg WV

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby DrewG » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Looks Amazing! !*cheers*!
username changed from 'merciless245'.
DrewG
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:00 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby ozinoz » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Its funny - I picture that scene with a little weathered Connie and a handful of cars *!!wink!!*

You certainly have an eye for the finer details that brings a scene (and route) to life...

!*cheers*!
ozinoz
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Antipodes

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:50 pm

that looks like pure ART!
Image
User avatar
ErikGorbiHamilton
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: Algona WA, Along the old PSE ROW.

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby ozinoz » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:16 pm

How are the hiking boots holding up with all the rambling !**conf**!

**!!bow!!**

!*cheers*!
ozinoz
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Antipodes

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby WCL6655 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:24 pm

Pretty cool....Kinda like in my neck of the woods when its here in Wisconsin !!*ok*!!
User avatar
WCL6655
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby ozinoz » Thu May 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Hasnt been any ramblings for quite a few months now - how are things going. Wayne has a fantastic eye and great tallent and I hope this project doesnt wither and die. There are so few US heritage routes.

**!!bow!!**

!*cheers*!
ozinoz
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Antipodes

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby wacampbell » Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 pm

I continue to enjoy puttering with this route. I recently finished a seed and feed store for Atlantic. And I am still thinking of making the Lake Superior and Western section ( Atlantic to Gogebic ) an electric traction line per my first post. I have permission from Tim Muir to convert some of his excellent MSTS electric loco's for the line. I have his Baldwin B model ( ex PE1590 ) converted and running but without cab interior etc which has to be built from scratch.

And I am detailing the CAMFOR line. It seems when I do an operating session, before I can complete the scenario I'll spot something that could be improved and drop into the editor to fix it. Its meant to represent a 1950's company logging / mill branch line. So far I find the line looks too clean and maintained. I need to find a way to grunge it up somehow - make it look more run down - more like what was done with the Majestic Falls Railroad.

Too many projects - not enough time .. the perfect retirement hobby. Now back to my afternoon nap.
Wayne Campbell
wacampbell
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Fri May 06, 2016 4:27 pm

wacampbell wrote:I continue to enjoy puttering with this route. I recently finished a seed and feed store for Atlantic. And I am still thinking of making the Lake Superior and Western section ( Atlantic to Gogebic ) an electric traction line per my first post. I have permission from Tim Muir to convert some of his excellent MSTS electric loco's for the line. I have his Baldwin B model ( ex PE1590 ) converted and running but without cab interior etc which has to be built from scratch.

And I am detailing the CAMFOR line. It seems when I do an operating session, before I can complete the scenario I'll spot something that could be improved and drop into the editor to fix it. Its meant to represent a 1950's company logging / mill branch line. So far I find the line looks too clean and maintained. I need to find a way to grunge it up somehow - make it look more run down - more like what was done with the Majestic Falls Railroad.

Too many projects - not enough time .. the perfect retirement hobby. Now back to my afternoon nap.


Im glad this is still getting worked on! The lone Logging section might finally be able to give some of the beta Logcars a home!
Image
User avatar
ErikGorbiHamilton
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: Algona WA, Along the old PSE ROW.

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby wacampbell » Fri May 06, 2016 7:57 pm

ErikGorbiHamilton wrote:The lone Logging section might finally be able to give some of the beta Logcars a home!


Which ones are these?
Wayne Campbell
wacampbell
 
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm
Location: BC, Canada

Re: Wayne's RWAC Route Ramblings

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Sat May 07, 2016 12:30 am

wacampbell wrote:
ErikGorbiHamilton wrote:The lone Logging section might finally be able to give some of the beta Logcars a home!


Which ones are these?

These would be the ones Created by DanPMeyer. I love running Log trains no matter what era the route is. !!*ok*!!
Image
User avatar
ErikGorbiHamilton
 
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:41 pm
Location: Algona WA, Along the old PSE ROW.

Previous

Return to RWA Route & Asset Modification

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest