RW&A, LS&W Expansion WIP Beta Thread

Discuss modifications for anything for the RW&A Lakeside route and assets.

Moderator: ricksan

RW&A, LS&W Expansion WIP Beta Thread

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 am

First let me say sorry to the Community for the delay in getting the beta out to you guys. All of you who have waited so quietly my hats off to you.. We ran into a problem between myself, Buzz who has done a great job with the scenery Thank You Sir,
and Bob who agreed to use his mastery in signaling to signal the route. Bob can not save a scenario without the game crashing. So we went backwards to an earlier version and I started rebuilding. In order to get the most feedback on the route. I intend to release a version of the route this weekend no later than very early Monday morning. Please the scenery is not complete, What we are concerned with is/ 1 Can you run the route/ 2 Can you make and save a scenario/ 3 The Track work & all transfer points, can you load and unload , fuel, coal, water, etc... / 4 The signaling is not complete and what I have done may or may not work correctly./ I hope to be able to find and fix all problems so Bob can signal the route for us.
I will be releasing the route at this stage from my File Library, using Media Fire as the link. Once we get it going for the majority of people without problems I am hoping Bob will package everything up and release it here in the RWA file library.
But rest assured no matter what, There will be a Lake Superior & Western RR !!!!
There's Always Plenty To Do, When your on the V.2

V.R.E.A. Founder
The Lake Superior & Western RR.V.2
http://railroadersonline.freeforums.net/
Coaltrain1

Re: RW&A, LS&W Expansion WIP Beta Thread

Unread postby artimrj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:21 am

I think you should quit releasing copies of the route and just lets get it going. Everyone can have it when it is done.
Bob Artim - Generation X²
I don't have a PHD, I have a DD214... Freedom carries sacrifice

6th Gen i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz, 16 gig, NVidia GTX 970 4 Gig, 5 TB of Maxtor HDs, 128 Gig SSD, 800 W PSU & Win 10 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Unread postby OldProf » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 am

artimrj wrote:I think you should quit releasing copies of the route and just lets get it going. Everyone can have it when it is done.

Ditto, especially since it sounds as though you're still at the gamma or delta stage: not yet ready for beta.
Tom Pallen (Old Prof)

{Win 10 Home 64-bit; Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz; 16.0GB Single-Channel @ 1063 MHz (15-15-15-364); 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960}
OldProf

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:43 am

It is ready for a beta test, About 70% of the people who have tested it so far have no problems.
The rest have had some crashes. So like I said I intend to release a beta this weekend.

V.R.E.A. Founder
Coaltrain1

Unread postby artimrj » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:09 am

Whatever then. IMHO you do not release a beta until you think it is done, then you find out what is wrong with your done route. This ain't done. It is your puppy. go with it.
Bob Artim - Generation X²
I don't have a PHD, I have a DD214... Freedom carries sacrifice

6th Gen i7 6700K @ 4.0 GHz, 16 gig, NVidia GTX 970 4 Gig, 5 TB of Maxtor HDs, 128 Gig SSD, 800 W PSU & Win 10 64 bit
artimrj
Site Admin

Unread postby buzz456 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:27 am

OK, let's get back to the beginning. I would like to see if we can make sure that the signalling is all right if Bob is willing to take another look at this. The plan was that the track work was done. The only thing that wasn't finished was the scenery I thought when I got involved. The reason we were calling this a beta was because the scenery was not complete but enough was done to make this a fun experience. We as in Coal and I thought it would be good to release this as sort of a work in progress so members of the community could make suggestions about things to add or take away. Instead this has turned into a giant fubar with some people able to load and run the thing with no issues and others cannot.

Some of you who have been around here for a while know that there have been plenty of wip routes put out there through the years some of them pretty sketchy in the beginning like the Tennessee Pass in the beginning. Tori's great C&O ins still a work in process so let's not get too wild about this being put out before it is completely done.

Enough said. We'll take this long weekend to review and release this when we think most of the members can have fun with it. Some of course will have all kinds of problems just because some always have problems. I have had stuff that I just couldn't figure out what the problem was and had to walk away. Eventually someone usually on here says something that fits my problem and the solution is found. (Usually with the palm to the forehead because why didn't I think of that).
!!**sorry**!! for the length of this post,
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:55 pm

The RW&A LS&W Expansion. What it is.. First & for most it is not a completed route. It is a work in progress this is the first release V.1A It is not ready for AI it is a group of free roam scenarios to determine if the route is worthy of completion.
You must agree to the EULA from Dovetail Games & the Original Lakeside route, This is Free ware and can only be presented as free ware. It can not be in any shape or form be used as pay ware.
What you need to run the Route. The Original Donation ware Lakeside Route from the Railworksamerica website. You will need the following Pay ware Routes installed Portland Terminal,VNHRR, Horseshoe Curve. Free Ware Routes 1st very important The NERW V2 you must have this installed I used the texture set from this route to re paint alot of the terrain.. If you do not have it Get it from the RWA File libary!!
I have included in the download a seperate folder with the Route markers these should be insalled in the Asset/ RWA /Lakeside/route marker folder/ Just in case there is a problem & the Route properties XML file that would go into Content/ Routes/ RW&A LS&W Expansion Folder/. You should not need to use these they should be good with the Install.
Installation it is a RWP, Use the Utilities package manager and install into the railworks root folder You must have the lakeside/ Portland terminal /VNHRR /HSC /and the NERW PA Division V2 checkd in the flyout..

Free ware assets the Most common used assets RCAPV2, SMM, NRD, Great Northerner, Jeepster, Ken long, Emdsd90mac, Sad Sad2011, UKTS Free ware packs, MDuran,
Tori pony, PC bauer, most all of these assets can be found in the RWA File library. 3Dtrains landcapes scale rail, (Important note the NRD asset Beaver county bridge is only available at trainsim.com file library you will need to have this asset.

If you can not find any certain asset PM Myself or Buzz456 and we will try our best to get you the asset or a good link to download it from..

A Little History The LS&W is a freight only RR, concieved by the owners of the RW&A to haul Coal from the massive veins of Black Diamonds found east of Saginaw City. As the route progressed it became a central economic power for the regions forestry, agriculture ,and general freight Industries. Passenger service is provided by the RW&A from Riverside to N Hermantown, Groutsville , Saginaw City, and Chippewa Station on the W.Carlton Sub. Trains run daily 24/7..

This is and was always intended to be a Communtiy project, If you like the route and would like to get involved and help us finish or expand it Please contact Buzz456.
There are several Named places, Industries, etc. Named for the original Authors & Bob Artim. This was a way myself and Buzz thought we could say Thank you for all there efforts in the train sim community I hope we have not offended any one by doing so. Also you will notice all scenarios begin with V1 this is to designate the expansion from the original Route since it is a cloned route everything is included as with the original.

We hope that you like the LS&W
Coaltrain1
Buzz456

V.R.E.A. Founder
Coaltrain1

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 pm

V.R.E.A. Founder
Coaltrain1

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:21 pm

A Couple Screens from My favorite places on the route

Early morning 1.jpg

N Hermantown 1.jpg

Rock Ledge.jpg

V.R.E.A. Founder
Coaltrain1

Unread postby ozinoz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Been hanging out for this - it looks amazing.

Anybody else having issues downloading it?? I have tried 5 times now, one download stopped at 8 meg, one at 14 and 3 stopped exactly at 36.4 meg. Want to try it / test it; just cant get my hands on it. **!!bang!!**

Is there a detailed read me regarding other required assets? I have downloaded the bridge from TS.com.

!*cheers*!
ozinoz

Unread postby buzz456 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:29 pm

You are going to need to open the spigot a bit more down there mate. I just D/L it and it worked fine.
Buzz
39 and holding.
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby ozinoz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:07 pm

Cheers...

Thats 3 more times and 3 more failures - just wont get above 34 meg. Have now tried both IE and FF.

Will just have to wait till it is hosted elsewhere I guess. Might even try later in the day and see how that goes.

!*hp*!

*!!thnx!!*

!*cheers*!
ozinoz

Unread postby buzz456 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:43 pm

You might try a downloader that has a resume feature.
Buzz
39 and holding.
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby Coaltrain1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 pm

I am sorry your having problems downloading the route. Hopefully you'll be able to get it soon. You almost have it it's about 50 megs.

V.R.E.A. Founder
Coaltrain1

Unread postby ozinoz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:02 pm

!!*ok*!! 11th time was the treat (used a download manager as suggested - still dont know what the problem was...)

I see that one of the dependencies is Bob's NERW - do not have this one (modern routes not being my thing) is this going to cause too much of an issue?

Hope to spend some time soon to explore.

*!!thnx!!* & **!!bow!!**

!*cheers*!
ozinoz

Next

Return to RWA Route & Asset Modification