Trying to swap some of the rolling stock

Help and support forum for Mike Simpson's RW Tools

Moderator: mikesimpson

Trying to swap some of the rolling stock

Unread postby cnbalasub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 am

First I will post my computer specifications so you will know if that will work or not with your latest program of RW_Tools. My computer is HP Omen #870-119 with the operating system of Windows 10 64X Professional.

One scenario have missing rolling stock from one Asset Folder but found the similar rolling stock in another Asset Folder.

I have followed the tutorial for this from the site of RW_Tools (Mike Simpson's). Now the right pane window of the program did not show the available rolling stock that I want to swap. I checked to see some of other assets like Horseshoe Curve and can open up the list of rolling stock but others are not like RSC or GNTX or others. Is something that I did not setup properly for this that will show the available rolling stock on the right pane window of Scenario Editor?

Let me know what to do with this.

John
cnbalasub

Re: Trying to swap some of the rolling stock

Unread postby buzz456 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:24 pm

If they are in a .ap they will not show up in RWTools. You need to extract them to use them for swaps.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby cnbalasub » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Hi Buzz,

Thank you for your time to reply to my message. And I did unzip them with .ap files through 7-Zip by right click " Extract Here " in this folder that where I need them. And still the same problem that did not show anything on right pane windows in RW_Tools. I am not sure what else do I look for the problem to solve that will show up on right pane windows in RW_Tools. Maybe you have better idea to solve this problem than me.

John
cnbalasub

Unread postby mikesimpson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Hi John,

If you unpack .ap files using 7zip, then the unpacked files will be 'Read-only'

There are two ways around this:-
1. Unpack your .ap files using RW_Tools from the Files/Find all .ap files menu - doing it this way will correctly unpack the .ap files into their correct folders and automatically make them Read/Write
or
2. Do as you have done, then in RW_Tools under the Options menu there is an option to make selected files Read/Write.

Mike
mikesimpson
Forum Mod

Return to RW Tools