Not following these guidelines may cause a delay in your file being added to the File Library
1) No spaces in file names. Use an underscore or hyphen in place of a space, or no space at all.
- Do Not use any special characters in the file names, such as & and #, etc. Use hyphen and/or underscore only
- No raw rwp files
No .zipX files
- The Read me needs to include installation instructions
- Due to their huge file size, no png or bmp files will be accepted.
- You can include more than one full size screen-shot.
7) All files should be named the same, with the exception of the extension.
- MyFile.zip (or .rar or .7z)
- MyFile.jpg (full size image)
- MyFile_tn.jpg (thumbnail)
Everything can be included in the uploaded file. You do not have to upload the individual files seperately any more.
8) Max file size for the uploading via the website is 200 MB. Contact an Admin for FTP information for files larger than 200 MB.
Getting the file to me:
Go to the web site and click on the File Library Menu option at the top of the page. On the right side of the page under the Search option you will see this:
Use the browse button to find the file on your hard drive.
Then enter in the security code displayed, it is NOT case sensitive.
Then click the upload button and a new window will appear that looks like this:
Fill in the blanks:
1. Title is the name of your upload, not the filename, but the name that will be used on the website.
2. Uploader is your real name.
3. Handle is your forum handle/username.
4. Date is self explanatory; the date you are uploading.
5. Description is a short description of the file you are uploading.
Once you have completed the form, click the Upload File button and this will begin the actual uploading.
During the upload you will see this spinning icon thats let's you know the file is uploading.
Once the upload is complete you will get a final pop up telling you the upload was succesful or display any error that may have happened. It looks like this.
An email will be sent to me telling me there is a new upload.