Chasing NS 8114 on Ohio Steel 2

Post your videos here, using the You Tube BBCode

Chasing NS 8114 on Ohio Steel 2

Unread postby bpetit » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:18 am

"If you really needed a diesel locomotive right away, then go ahead and order a ALCO. But if you could wait for real quality, then go for an EMD or a GE".

My Youtube Channel (Railfanning and Train Simulator 2018)
http://www.youtube.com/user/3985gtasa
bpetit

Re: Chasing NS 8114 on Ohio Steel 2

Unread postby jalsina » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:06 pm

Nice video as always !*brav*! !!*ok*!!
I am interested in that logo in the red NS lead engine, but I could not read it. What is it?

I love that old route Ohio Steel 2. I have been doing some research lately and the tracks from Uhrichsville to Dover and to Massillon were owned (and ran) by Chessie System (mostly C&O).
Intel i7-4790K (8M, 4.40 GHz) - MSI Z97 MB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM 2400 MHz
GPU EVGA GTX-1060 OC 6GB at 1920x1080, 144 Hz - Monitor ASUS VG-248QE
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby bpetit » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:51 pm

Thanks, I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the vibrations. *!lol!*

NS Norfolk Southern Railway Company.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictur ... 1%2003.jpg
"If you really needed a diesel locomotive right away, then go ahead and order a ALCO. But if you could wait for real quality, then go for an EMD or a GE".

bpetit

Unread postby Berkshirefan765 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:41 am

The camera shack effect, is that just editing?
"Loving train is an obsession...not an addiction."
-Berkshirefan765
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf0_LW ... bcnaN4-RTA
Berkshirefan765

Unread postby bpetit » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:54 pm

Berkshirefan765 wrote:The camera shack effect, is that just editing?

Yup, I tried to simulate the vibrations depend on the speed of the train, and also how far the camera was from the track. There is also a drone shot that I added a bit of movement to.

bpetit

Unread postby Berkshirefan765 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:39 pm

bpetit wrote:Yup, I tried to simulate the vibrations depend on the speed of the train, and also how far the camera was from the track. There is also a drone shot that I added a bit of movement to.

The effects look good, too bad they are not in the game itself.
"Loving train is an obsession...not an addiction."
-Berkshirefan765
My channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf0_LW ... bcnaN4-RTA
Berkshirefan765

Unread postby CGBlaze » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:59 pm

As a professional videographer, I love the creativity here. The whole video looks very realistic - the shake is perfectly done, very believable.

I have to ask though, where'd you get all the photoreal boxcars? Your custom repaints? Only ones I can find are Jessie James' (and my own of course).
CGBlaze

Unread postby bpetit » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Jessies' one's most definitely. I think a few are from here as well.

bpetit

Unread postby RailWanderer » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:05 pm

jalsina wrote:Nice video as always !*brav*! !!*ok*!!
I am interested in that logo in the red NS lead engine, but I could not read it. What is it?

I love that old route Ohio Steel 2. I have been doing some research lately and the tracks from Uhrichsville to Dover and to Massillon were owned (and ran) by Chessie System (mostly C&O).

I believe most of the Ohio Steel rails were once Baltimore & Ohio territory, at least it was when I was a kid.... *!lol!* I think Chessie took it over for a while, now I am not too sure who owns and controls what in town now days as one rarely sees any equipment running on the track that is left. Most of the Republic Steel mill tracks in Massillon are gone, its now a fracking pipe storage facility.
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Unread postby jalsina » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:55 pm

RailWanderer wrote:

I believe most of the Ohio Steel rails were once Baltimore & Ohio territory, at least it was when I was a kid.... *!lol!* I think Chessie took it over for a while, now I am not too sure who owns and controls what in town now days as one rarely sees any equipment running on the track that is left. Most of the Republic Steel mill tracks in Massillon are gone, its now a fracking pipe storage facility.

Part of my information mentioned above came from this Chessie map:

WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby RailWanderer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:38 am

jalsina wrote:
RailWanderer wrote:

Part of my information mentioned above came from this Chessie map:

My information is from life experience as I live in the area. The old B&O freight station was just north of the southern most road viaduct(Tremont Ave.) in Massillon. We use to hop freights there when I was a kid to catch rides to Canal Fulton and Dover. Here's a FaceBook page that deals with the local railroad history: https://www.facebook.com/groups/401148226933469/ maybe this will help with the history.
RailWanderer (John)
RailWanderer

Unread postby jalsina » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 pm

RailWanderer wrote:
My information is from life experience as I live in the area. The old B&O freight station was just north of the southern most road viaduct(Tremont Ave.) in Massillon. We use to hop freights there when I was a kid to catch rides to Canal Fulton and Dover. Here's a FaceBook page that deals with the local railroad history: https://www.facebook.com/groups/401148226933469/ maybe this will help with the history.

You probably are right. And I may too (though my point refers only to Google research).
Chessie System was a holding of three main RR companies including B&O and a few smaller carriers. At some time before B&O was a standalone RR, Chessie System colors must have been running along that line.
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby RailWanderer » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:08 pm

jalsina wrote:
RailWanderer wrote:

You probably are right. And I may too (though my point refers only to Google research).
Chessie System was a holding of three main RR companies including B&O and a few smaller carriers. At some time before B&O was a standalone RR, Chessie System colors must have been running along that line.

Trying not to be condescending, I thought Baltimore & Ohio Railroad was established in 1827, like the first ever American railroad, not sure what you mean by stand alone. The Chessie system was established in 1869, I am either misunderstanding or your facts are wrong. I did notice your map is dated in either 1976 or 1978(too small to see accurately), and the legend shows black in the area of the Ohio Steel 2, which made it B&O territory at the time. Oh yah, Chessie ran there, but not for long. I guess Google can't always be accurate.
RailWanderer (John)
RailWanderer

Unread postby gtrtroger » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:51 am

gtrtroger

Unread postby RailWanderer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:17 am

Yep, red and silver, have seen them on the system, but rarely. The name escaped me in my earlier post. Thanks for the memory jag.
RailWanderer (John)
RailWanderer

Next

Return to Videos