This forum is a dedicated Railworks forum and as such, we request that everybody stay within the spirit of the Goals & Mission.
We ask that references or comparisons to other sims be minimized and kept in context with a positive attitude, or not used at all, so we can keep this experience a positive one.
We also expect members of the RS.com team, as they are professional guests, will be treated with the utmost courtesy and that any venting or outburst against members of the RS.com team or company will not be tolerated, just as we ask the same for member to member interaction.
First and foremost, we'd like to Welcome you to the Railworks America Forums.
As with any public message board, certain guidelines need to be established to help insure that your visit is a friendly, enjoyable experience, and to allow you the most benefit for your time spent here. The Board Administrator and Moderators will make every effort to maintain a pleasant atmosphere to encourage your continuing participation.
Please take a few minutes to read the following guidelines so you can help us keep the community growing.
RailWorks America is always gladly accepting new, active members. We encourage members to offer their comments, suggestions, tips, info, criticisms (as long as they’re not stated in a derogatory manner), etc. – but it is recommended that you read the entirety of this post before registering and posting.
As a guest, you have access to the forums to read posts, download files, and view images. Registration is required if you want to post in the forums or have access to any other forum options.
The RailWorks America Forum utilizes auto pruning. Please read and understand the pruning settings before registering.
- 1) When you register, you will be sent an email with a link in it that you will need to click on to confirm your email address. If you do not confirm your email address within 3 days of registration, your registration will be pruned.
- 2) Once you become a member, if you do not log into the forums within the first 12 weeks, your membership will be pruned.
- 3) If you do not log into the forums within a 12-month period, and have 2 posts or less, your membership will be pruned.
- 4) If you do no log into the forums within a 24-month period, and have 5 posts or less, your membership will be pruned.
This may seem a little callous, but having a member count of 2,000, and 1,400 of those members have 0 posts gives a misleading impression of the RWA Forum Community activity.
As a new member, your first post will need to be approved by the Administrator. This is to help keep the spammers out, and those that post with the only intent to advertise a web site that has nothing to do with RailWorks or the RailWorks community.
Until you have made 2 posts, some of the forum options will not be available to you, such as: changing your password, sending Private Messages, contacting other members via email, requesting a new password if you for got yours, etc.
After making your second post, you will then be changed to a regular member, with full forum access and all privileges.
The RailWorks America community does not condone nor tolerate piracy, of any kind.
If you are caught doing this, you - and all associated usernames, will be permanently banned.
- * Please watch your language. Although the forum software includes settings to automatically edit inappropriate words, we do ask that you refrain from putting the settings to work.
- * Flaming, abusive, and derogatory remarks toward other members and Rail Simulator is not acceptable conduct and will result in the post being edited or deleted and a warning will be issued.
- * Please keep your posts on topic with the forum you're posting in.
- * Polls are allowed in the "Polls" forums only.
- * Links to You Tube and other videos are allowed in the forums, however - to use the You Tube BBCode, as described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5315 , you can only post in the Videos forums, either the RW Videos or the Real World Trains Videos forum. Videos can only be about RailWorks or real world trains.
- * Image posting is allowed; however-inappropriate material (obscene, pornographic, gore, etc.) will not be tolerated.
Material of this nature will be deleted and the poster will be warned or banned, depending on the circumstances.
- * Image attachments have a max file size of 256 KB.
Attached and linked to images (when the [img] tag is used) larger in width than 640 pixels wide will be changed to a click-able thumbnail, 640 pixels wide. Clicking on the thumbnail will show the full sized image. Some images may be wider than your monitor when viewed full size. When that happens there will be a small icon in the lower-left corner (a fancy 'X') that you can click on to view it in full size, if the poster used the [img] tags.
- * Animated gifs are allowed, within reason.
This is a personal quirk of the Administrator. Large gifs can be a bit annoying. They're fine on a web site but tend to be distracting while trying to read messages. Small animated gifs are OK!
- * Personal avatars are allowed.
There are several available avatars on the board. Just go to the 'User Control Panel\Profile\Edit Avatar' and select from the available options.
Linking to an avatar and/or uploading an avatar is permitted. The size is limited to 100 x 100 pixels and 10 kb in file size.
- * The use of memes are not allowed. This is not Facebook or Google+. We cater to a specific hobby, and want to welcome and help support liked minded people. If this were a Justin Bieber site then memes are par for the course, but not here.
Thank you for taking a few minutes to review these Guidelines.
We hope you enjoy your visit to the RailWorks America Forum and that you'll return often.