Railworks America • View topic - NS SD40E ?

NS SD40E ?

In this forum you can make SUGGESTIONS for repaints and/or other downloads. If you are suggesting repaints of something, please supply a picture of it. Make it easier for the painter.

NS SD40E ?

Unread postby JohnS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:45 am

It would be a matter of repainting an SD50 w/ditchlights into NS and a changing of the bin file to reflect the difference in horsepower etc. Obviously it won't have the admiral cab.
http://locomotive.wikia.com/wiki/NS_SD40E
NS SD40E.jpg
NS SD40E.jpg (1015.67 KiB) Viewed 671 times
John Stephens
Locomotive Engineer
Marquette Rail
Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
JohnS

Re: NS SD40E ?

Unread postby xxuntitledxx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 pm

I've kind of done this already... I used the CSX DTM SD50 and modified the Bin to SD40-2 horsepower. just running into issues with the numbers. Trying to get them to be white instead of CSX yellow. I couldn't use the Conrail SD50 since that model has marker lights. If I could figure out how to cover them/remove them I would use the DTM Conrail SD50's with no issues. The numbers might be Conrail style but at least they'll be white. Also, I was having issues with the numbers. Some numbers would show up as other numbers or not at all. Still trying to figure that one out, but it's been on the back burner while I work on my other project.
xxuntitledxx

Unread postby buzz456 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:47 am

xxuntitledxx wrote:I've kind of done this already... I used the CSX DTM SD50 and modified the Bin to SD40-2 horsepower. just running into issues with the numbers. Trying to get them to be white instead of CSX yellow. I couldn't use the Conrail SD50 since that model has marker lights. If I could figure out how to cover them/remove them I would use the DTM Conrail SD50's with no issues. The numbers might be Conrail style but at least they'll be white. Also, I was having issues with the numbers. Some numbers would show up as other numbers or not at all. Still trying to figure that one out, but it's been on the back burner while I work on my other project.

The SP version has white and white letters. I don't have the CSX version however I would share the numbers from the SP version if that would help you out.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby JohnS » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:42 am

The numbers can't be painted? That's a new one on me. Most if not all the SD40E's were Conrail SD50's.
John Stephens
Locomotive Engineer
Marquette Rail
Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
JohnS

Unread postby xxuntitledxx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 pm

JohnS wrote:The numbers can't be painted? That's a new one on me. Most if not all the SD40E's were Conrail SD50's.

I have another thread on the DTM forum in the Developers section concerning the numbers... see here...
http://railworksamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=19357
xxuntitledxx

Unread postby ET44C4 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:20 am

Shouldn't you be able to just copy a number texture and then edit the alpha layer to display what number you would like it to be?
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Unread postby JohnS » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 am

ET44C4 wrote:Shouldn't you be able to just copy a number texture and then edit the alpha layer to display what number you would like it to be?

only if the digits.bin is pointing to the correct textures to begin with.
John Stephens
Locomotive Engineer
Marquette Rail
Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
JohnS

Unread postby ET44C4 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:27 am

Yes, that would be a good thing to check first. !!*ok*!!

Even more so if one was trying to get the numbers to show up on a repaint, which would then require a simple renaming of the file paths.
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Return to Model/Repaint Suggestions