TS2019 64bit

This forum is for discussion of any DTG products in development and also WIP Reports of DTG's DLC products

Re: TS2019 64bit

Unread postby Alpenfreight » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm

gtrtroger wrote:Saw this.....

“Updated the SilverLining configuration so it doesn't produce overly blue scenes...”

If you are using Alpenfreight’s Mod, you will need to keep an eye on this.....

I haven't taken a look yet but I wonder if they lifted what I did *!lol!*
https://alpenfreight.wordpress.com/

I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend
Alpenfreight

Unread postby Griphos » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Welp, downloading 26gb now. Hopefully a fresh install will do the trick and I can run this sim again. Fingers crossed.
Griphos

Unread postby Griphos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Nope. Cannot start.

Saved log to...

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RailWorks\TempDump\

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Info: ACCESS VIOLATION

Please contact our Customer Support Team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com

I put in a ticket, but no one has ever answered any ticket I submitted in the past, so not holding my breath.
Griphos

Unread postby BoostedFridge » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 pm

Griphos wrote:Nope. Cannot start.

Saved log to...

F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RailWorks\TempDump\

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Info: ACCESS VIOLATION

Please contact our Customer Support Team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com

I put in a ticket, but no one has ever answered any ticket I submitted in the past, so not holding my breath.

Are you running 64bit, or 32bit? How much RAM does your system have?
SP Siskiyou Line - Scenery WIP
BoostedFridge

Unread postby Griphos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:31 pm

I tried both. Both crashed. I have 16gb. It’s not my system.

But, come to think of it, the first time I started having problems starting the sim was after I built my new system this summer. I see dgallina suggested reinstalling C++ visual runtime libraries after getting MSVCP100.DLL and MSVCR100.DLL errors. When I tried starting in 32-bit, I got those same errors. So, I’ll download the libraries and install and try again.

It could be that a fresh install of Win10 this summer when I built the new computer left out some necessary libraries. The sim should do a better job of catching that, but we'll see.
Griphos

Unread postby jwtheiv » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:45 pm

Griphos wrote:I tried both. Both crashed. I have 16gb. It’s not my system.

But, come to think of it, the first time I started having problems starting the sim was after I built my new system this summer. I see dgallina suggested reinstalling C++ visual runtime libraries after getting MSVCP100.DLL and MSVCR100.DLL errors. When I tried starting in 32-bit, I got those same errors. So, I’ll download the libraries and install and try again.

It could be that a fresh install of Win10 this summer when I built the new computer left out some necessary libraries. The sim should do a better job of catching that, but we'll see.

You may want to run the usual SFC & DISM checks. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ted-system

If you're reinstalling the vcredists, be sure to install both the 32 and 64 bit libraries.
My Train Simulator Workshop
Occasional repaints located on RWA
jwtheiv

Unread postby Griphos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:43 pm

I installed both the 32-bit and 64-bit libraries, but that didn't solve the problem. Both libraries were already installed anyway, but the downloads "repaired" them. Got the same error starting the 32-bit program about the two .dll files, and the same error starting the 64-bit version as listed above.

I may try the 2012 and most recent versions, just in case. Can't hurt.

I tried the system file checker you link. But there were no errors found. This is a new install of Win 10 (from the summer), as I said, and everything else works perfectly.
Griphos

Unread postby Griphos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Nope. Nothing is working.

TSW runs perfectly.

This is a buggy, laggy, mess of a sim!
Griphos

Unread postby buzz456 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:45 pm

Most everyone is loving it. Sorry about your problems but it isn't the game.
Buzz
39 and holding.
"Some people find fault like there's a reward for it."- Zig Ziglar
"If you can dream it you can do it."- Walt Disney
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby Griphos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Oh, it's definitely the game in some way.

I have ZERO problems with the other 219 Steam games I have. Or with any of the other dozen or so non-Steam sims/games I have. Or with any other program whatsoever.

To everyone: Does DTG put files anywhere else besides the steamapps/common folder? If I delete the railworks folder, have I deleted everything related to the game?
Griphos

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm

Are you in the position of saving your complete Railworks to another drive and downloading a complete new copy of TS2019 to see if it works? You can then transfer over your modified folders a little at a time. This will at least confirm a corrupted file. Simply uninstalling a program sometimes will not remove all traces of that program and might leave corrupted files. Sometimes a manual deletion of those files that are left is the only solution. Just a thought. Sorry you are having these issues. For the most part installations have gone surprisingly smooth. **!!2cents!!**
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair CX850M PSU, XSPC D5 Vario cooling pump, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual Monitors 1920 x 1080.
AmericanSteam

Unread postby Griphos » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 pm

I did an uninstall before this (last week) and downloaded the game fresh when 2019 was released. But I left some of the folders it didn't uninstall, like some JustTrains and Scalerail stuff and scenarios not from the Workshop. So, I just uninstalled again, and that left quite a few folders with content in the railworks folder. So I moved all of those over to another drive. I went onto Steam and unsubscribed from most of the workshop routes and scenarios (I had quite a few piled up over the years, it seems) I'd subscribed to. I favorited most of them so I can find them again. That was a bit tedious. I searched the computer for any other files with "railworks" as the key term, but I have no idea if that turned up any key files that might have been put in AppData, or someplace like that.

But, at least now I have a truly empty steamapps folder for railworks. I'll download the 28gb again tomorrow while I'm at work. And we'll see.

But, I'm not sure that will fix things. At least one or two other people on this forum are having the same problems with the same error messages. And, as I said, after building the new computer this past summer, TS2018 stopped working for me. There may be some kind of program or dll that it needs that I no longer have, but for the life of me, I have no idea what that might be. And if it needs something, it should say so, not just throw up a cryptic error message and crash. And, again, like I said, every other Steam game works fine after the new build. I've been doing a lot of farm simming and truck driving while away from the railroad lately. :-)
Griphos

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm

Good luck and please post your results. A large enough group of addled minds should come up with a solution. !!jabber!!
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair CX850M PSU, XSPC D5 Vario cooling pump, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual Monitors 1920 x 1080.
AmericanSteam

Unread postby Griphos » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Success. I removed everything from the railworks folder and downloaded and installed fresh again. This time I was able to start it in 64-bit mode. Haven't tried to run anything yet. I'll try 32-bit mode next and then try some routes in 64. Nice to be able to use the program again (hopefully). Something from the distant past must not have been playing nice with TS. Funny thing is that it worked fine on the old computer, and I didn't change anything when building the new one. Moved everything over complete. But something in there wasn't a happy camper.

A rather drastic solution, but there's probably lots of old addons I simply won't bother with. I build up the workshop scenarios a few at a time, and get the RWA stuff back in as I go also.
Griphos

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Griphos wrote:Success. I removed everything from the railworks folder and downloaded and installed fresh again. This time I was able to start it in 64-bit mode. Haven't tried to run anything yet. I'll try 32-bit mode next and then try some routes in 64. Nice to be able to use the program again (hopefully). Something from the distant past must not have been playing nice with TS. Funny thing is that it worked fine on the old computer, and I didn't change anything when building the new one. Moved everything over complete. But something in there wasn't a happy camper.

A rather drastic solution, but there's probably lots of old addons I simply won't bother with. I build up the workshop scenarios a few at a time, and get the RWA stuff back in as I go also.

Try them as you go, maybe you can find the culprit.
AmericanSteam

Previous

Return to DTG DLC Development & WIP