My Narrow Gauge Projects Thread

Post your FREEWARE 'Works in Progress' here!

Re: My Narrow Gauge Projects Thread

Unread postby ryan9550 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:07 pm

jpetersjr wrote:Alright, when will we be able to take it for a test run.

I'm not sure when these will be ready for beta testing or have a release date. Of course I'd like to have them done by the end of the year; but at the rate I'm completing the model, it'll probably be some point in 2019. !!**sorry**!!
KeggWorks wrote:Wow! This is looking really good! And I actually really liking the shortened 0-6-0 version! If you need any help with the paint scheme just let me know.

Thanks! When it comes time, I'll let you know if I need help with a paint scheme.
ryan9550

Unread postby ryan9550 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:32 pm

I'm unsure how plausible this is, other than the fact that it's definitely a freelanced locomotive. This is an Eight Coupled (0-8-0), diesel powered version of the 0-4-0 Davenport. It won't be a gas mechanical locomotive. It's probably not the most realistic looking, but I personally think it's cool looking. I do plan to try and finish this before anything else; because I have an idea on what the cab will look and I've got reference pictures for it. When I have more of it done, I'll post pics of it.

-The exterior is about 50 percent finished and the cab has been started.

I'm looking for input on the placement of air reservoirs and fuel tanks, as I'm not sure where the best place for them is. The tanks in front are the fuel tanks and the ones in back are the air reservoirs.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #1.1.jpg
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #1.1.jpg (147.98 KiB) Viewed 388 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #1.2.jpg
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #1.2.jpg (125.05 KiB) Viewed 388 times

Thanks for Reading!! *!!thnx!!*
ryan9550

Unread postby mindenjohn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:46 pm

I have seen locos similar to this and they often have a vertical air receiver mounted where the cab and running plate meet (I have seen the tanks on both sides but normally on the same loco). Fuel tanks are sometimes placed over the hood directly in front of the cab between the cab front “lookouts/windows”. Hope this helps.
It looks a great project and there is a need for such a narrow gauge loco.
John

He who never tries will not fail but will never succeed.
Age doesn’t stop you, it just slows you down.
mindenjohn

Unread postby ryan9550 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Got a little more done

-I've added two air reservoirs and one larger fuel tank to the top of the long hood
-I've finally got around to modeling an accurate looking coupling rod (which will make it's way to the 0-8-0T)

Thanks for Reading!!
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.1.jpg
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.1.jpg (125.75 KiB) Viewed 348 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.2.jpg
The updated coupling rod
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.2.jpg (145.54 KiB) Viewed 348 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.3.jpg
Close up of the coupling rod joint
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.3.jpg (162.47 KiB) Viewed 348 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.4.jpg
The two air reservoirs and a large fuel tank
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #2.4.jpg (150.17 KiB) Viewed 348 times
ryan9550

Unread postby QcRail » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:28 am

Looking GOOD !*brav*!

Impressive; nice to see new talent.

QcRail
QcRail

Unread postby ryan9550 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:04 pm

I feel like there's enough of the cab done to show where it is in development

-The throttle and reverser levers have been added
-And finally the train and independent brake assemblies have been added (I'm not entirely sure of the location of the brake assemblies, but for right now I think they look good.)

Aside from gauges and a few other details, the cab is about two thirds of the way to being finished !*brav*!
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.1.jpg
The control stand as of now.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.1.jpg (100.72 KiB) Viewed 298 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.2.jpg
A close up of train and independent brake assemblies
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.2.jpg (124.05 KiB) Viewed 298 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.3.jpg
A close up of the throttle and reverser levers.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.3.jpg (134.72 KiB) Viewed 298 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.4.jpg
How everything looks inside of the cab.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #3.4.jpg (201.86 KiB) Viewed 298 times

Thanks for Reading!!
ryan9550

Unread postby ryan9550 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Here's another update

-I've added a speedometer and engine temp gauge. I'm not sure about the placement and the design of the temp gauge. My thinking is that it's a re-purposed steam locomotive psi gauge, with everything changed out except for the gauge housing itself. Let me know.
-I've added louvers to the engine hood.
-I've also added cutouts on the frame to allow climbing onto and off of the engine.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.1.jpg
The control stand as of now.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.1.jpg (96.85 KiB) Viewed 212 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.2.jpg
The speedometer (left) and engine temp gauge (right).
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.2.jpg (100.35 KiB) Viewed 212 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.3.jpg
The speedometer and engine temp gauge inside of the cab.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.3.jpg (201.85 KiB) Viewed 212 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.4.jpg
The control stand inside of the cab.
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.4.jpg (165.59 KiB) Viewed 212 times
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.5.jpg
It's coming along nicely!
3ft Gauge Davenport Diesel Locomotive (Jumbo) #4.5.jpg (132.33 KiB) Viewed 212 times

Thanks for reading!!
ryan9550

Previous

Return to Freeware WIP