New York Division-Bergen Line - Part Deux!

Post your FREEWARE 'Works in Progress' here!

Re: New York Division-Bergen Line - Part Deux!

Unread postby jalsina » Sun May 20, 2018 4:44 pm

kris120 wrote:Jalsina,
I did only replace some unwanted trackrules only MM has on his harddisk.
If we would leave them your TS would stutter on every approach to such a peace of track as he is trying to find it.
A second fatal effect would be: If someone modifies the tracks purpose and does not has all used trackrules in his installation, he would delete all track properties in the sections with the unfound trackrules, resulting in sections with 5mph speed limit (no freight/yard entry, no directioal information, no electrification etc.).

My work was done by a script, which makes sure that every unwanted entry is corrected, this was not a work done in the editor.
What you want to be corrected (speed limits on certain places on the tracks) can ONLY be done in the editor.

It would be nice if you collect data about the exact position of wrong track properties (you may enter the editor directly while playing with "ctrl + e" and copy the position out of the top flyout while standing directly above the site to be corrected - proceeding the game by clicking the big yellow triangle on the bottom right works in most cases).

Kris

It looks very interesting what you have done. I wouldn´t know where to start up with that script !**duh*!!
As for the speed limits due to gaps or something else, It is old information, but I caught a few in my latest runs, one or two months ago. One is in the main line close to Campbell in direction to east. The others at or near the two bigger yards, Croxton and Hillburn. There is also at least a couple near Hoboken terminal.
Intel i7-4790K (8M, 4.40 GHz) - MSI Z97 MB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM 2400 MHz
GPU EVGA GTX-1060 OC 6GB at 1920x1080, 144 Hz - Monitor ASUS VG-248QE
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby Acela432 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Minerman,

Your hard work does get noticed. What impresses me the most is you want to make this route authentic and work right for us scenario builders. That’s what irritates me with DTG is they never fix the US routes when problems arise and I have to continue dealing with bad representations of Northeast US scenery.

Thank you again for all the hard work for us true railfans!
Acela432

Unread postby kris120 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:34 pm

HI,
I have written these details not only for your information (I think you know how to handle the editor *!greengrin!* ), but for newbees in the TS-editor, too.
kris120

Unread postby minerman146 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Acela432 wrote:Minerman,

Your hard work does get noticed. What impresses me the most is you want to make this route authentic and work right for us scenario builders. That’s what irritates me with DTG is they never fix the US routes when problems arise and I have to continue dealing with bad representations of Northeast US scenery.

Thank you sir. But let me tell you, the obsession with having the route work for scenarios is because I know where the all the bodies are buried. The Bergen has track flaws. I have to fix them or mitigate them. Because NO ONE is going to test my route for scenarios until AFTER I finalize. Then, its too late. So, its incumbent upon me to test thoroughly and hope I find new errors and correct them. Not having correct signal aspects drives me nuts. Track breaks mess up the pathing of player and AI trains. I want ALOT of scenarios to be made and enjoyed. My stuff really needs to be together before I release. Heh, I am motivated by fear the route won't function in some way.

Back to your kind comment. Yes, I am definitely trying to present this route in a way that is so believable you don't even notice. It will just look … well, like its supposed to. As for you scenario builders, my heart goes out to you for the long hours of work and testing. Then, you guys put it out there for the public and hope to get a "good run" comment. That is dedication. So, I am going to try and have your back before you work your scenarios and make it as clean as I can.

The Bergen is a scenario rich environment for those who can see beyond the A to B run. There is a story to be told, I hope you guys tell it.
Best,
MM
minerman146

Unread postby minerman146 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Acela432 wrote:Minerman,

Thank you sir. But let me tell you, the obsession with having the route work for scenarios is because I know where the all the bodies are buried. The Bergen has track flaws. I have to fix them or mitigate them. Because NO ONE is going to test my route for scenarios until AFTER I finalize. Then, its too late. So, its incumbent upon me to test thoroughly and hope I find new errors and correct them. Not having correct signal aspects drives me nuts. Track breaks mess up the pathing of player and AI trains. I want ALOT of scenarios to be made and enjoyed. My stuff really needs to be together before I release. Heh, I am motivated by fear the route won't function in some way.

Back to your kind comment. Yes, I am definitely trying to present this route in a way that is so believable you don't even notice. It will just look … well, like its supposed to. As for you scenario builders, my heart goes out to you for the long hours of work and testing. Then, you guys put it out there for the public and hope to get a "good run" comment. That is dedication. So, I am going to try and have your back before you work your scenarios and make it as clean as I can.

The Bergen is a scenario rich environment for those who can see beyond the A to B run. There is a story to be told, I hope you guys tell it.
Best,
MM

A bit of snark: At least, we will not have to haul trash as a freight scenario on the Bergen! !*roll-laugh*!
minerman146

Unread postby minerman146 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:52 am

AI for Quick Drives (COMING Friday) *Actually, there is AI on the Graham Line if you go to Campbell Hall.

We have completed testing of both the installation and use of AI consists for the Bergen. AI will be drawn from the New Jersey Coastline featuring Only the AL45 with NJT’s Comet IV commuter coach ,Comet V cab car and Bombardier Multilevel Car.
Download link to WinRAR file:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GFiT4 ... A21v5gceZC
Instructions are in the package.

I want to make sure you guys have this before the official day - In case I have work interruptions.
minerman146

Unread postby minerman146 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:57 pm

*Thursday Route Update*

Good evening Gents! Here is the skinny. We will be updating tomorrow. The update will include configured AI on all Quick Drives. Remember you have to download Overshoe's prefetch file to get it to work. (Link in previous post). This entire week was devoted to resolving track issues, adding siding markers, adding portals, AI Spawn Points and Testing. I was pretty aggressive about it to and clocked in some late nights and long sessions. I have 2 left to configure tonight. The best part of the experience was watching the AI behave and interact with my train in testing. I am very pleased with the results. As I mentioned before, when pathing trains in Hoboken - I had to use the markers before and after the double slips to get the path I wanted. But it works!

No work this weekend. Next week route construction will continue to Walden starting Monday Night.
Carry on!
minerman146

Unread postby jamesphh » Thu May 24, 2018 7:18 pm

Having a problem with the bergenai,rar file. I am unable to extract files using 7z. Also there was an error message on the download site.
jamesphh

Unread postby minerman146 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:22 pm

jamesphh wrote:Having a problem with the bergenai,rar file. I am unable to extract files using 7z. Also there was an error message on the download site.

James I got a message from another player stating an error. The file is on my personal google drive site and is .rar (WinRAR)
The error I get on the google page is "unable to preview this file" is that what you mean.

Had anyone, other than me successfully, downloaded the file?
Ill put it up as a zip in a moment.
Last edited by minerman146 on Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minerman146

Unread postby Overshoe » Thu May 24, 2018 9:24 pm

I just tested it. It works fine. I am using the latest version of 7-zip

A further note for those who are concerned. The consist files will overwrite the originals. That is necessary in order to have the consists appear on the Bergen. 2 of the consists have their type changed in order to have the trains pointed in the right direction. Also, these consists will not work if you do not have the North Jersey Coast route. Curious people will find an xml file in the package so you can see what I did.
Last edited by Overshoe on Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Tom Constantine

ASUS CM6850, Core i7-2600 @3.40 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti /2GB, Win7 64bit up to date. Acer 23" monitor @ 1920x1080
Overshoe

Unread postby minerman146 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 pm

Overshoe wrote:I just tested it. It works fine. I am using the latest version of 7-zip

That's good - I reloaded the file this afternoon. They may have tried to download before 5pm today.
And Overshoe - tomorrow the world gets your QD WITH your name plastered all over the place!
I know I cant thank you enough. And when people say how much the love it. Ill say don't thank me … thank Overshoe!

This effort of yours - is something I would likely have not been able to accomplish. So involved am I in building the route - taking the time that you did to trouble shoot and make it work - was a Bridge to Far for me. I did take the time to update all the QDs because YOU made THIS possible! **!!bow!!**
minerman146

Unread postby Overshoe » Thu May 24, 2018 9:41 pm

minerman146 wrote:
Overshoe wrote:I just tested it. It works fine. I am using the latest version of 7-zip

That's good - I reloaded the file this afternoon. They may have tried to download before 5pm today.
And Overshoe - tomorrow the world gets your QD WITH your name plastered all over the place!
I know I cant thank you enough. And when people say how much the love it. Ill say don't thank me … thank Overshoe!

This effort of yours - is something I would likely have not been able to accomplish. So involved am I in building the route - taking the time that you did to trouble shoot and make it work - was a Bridge to Far for me. I did take the time to update all the QDs because YOU made THIS possible! **!!bow!!**

Thanks for the kind words. I would have liked to have added more variety but health issues interfered. For me it was a pleasure to see it working after so many trials. I hope all your other fans get some enjoyment when they discover they are no longer alone on the tracks.
-Tom Constantine

ASUS CM6850, Core i7-2600 @3.40 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti /2GB, Win7 64bit up to date. Acer 23" monitor @ 1920x1080
Overshoe

Unread postby jamesphh » Fri May 25, 2018 5:38 am

All OK now. Re-downloaded 7Z. Did not realize how far out of date my copy was. Able to open and extract file.
jamesphh

Unread postby minerman146 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:30 am

The Minermen are very proud to present: Update #200.

COME AND GET IT! !*YAAA*!

Route Update Number 200

New York Division-Bergen Line 9.9.3: The 200

Additions: Add AI trains to all Quick Drives- Details and download here:(https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 311440598/)
new Portals and Track Markers to aid in train movements.

Fixes: Rebuild track and signal at BT (Passaic Jct)

*Special thanks to: Overshoe. Overshoe, developed and tested the script to make AI possible on the Bergen. The AI is derived from the NJ Coastline work, so you will need this DLC.

Old file size: 155.070 MB
New file size: 155.072 MB
minerman146

Unread postby jalsina » Fri May 25, 2018 10:37 pm

Minerman,
Congratulations on your 200th update.
A big number, showing the amount of work you have put on this route along these years. *!!thnx!!*

About the QD AI trains, before installing I want to be sure I have all needed. I understand everything comes with the NJC route or is there some of the coaches that came with the standalone version of the ALP-46 (which I don´t have)?
Intel i7-4790K (8M, 4.40 GHz) - MSI Z97 MB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM 2400 MHz
GPU EVGA GTX-1060 OC 6GB at 1920x1080, 144 Hz - Monitor ASUS VG-248QE
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

PreviousNext

Return to Freeware WIP