Trackmobile Titan

Post your FREEWARE 'Works in Progress' here!

Re: Trackmobile Titan

Unread postby ET44C4 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:07 am

emdsd90mac wrote:Model update. I have the cab almost complete. Just the detail stuff if left.

Very nice!
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Unread postby Tomcat » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:08 am

The cuteness level is killing me! Bravo!
Tomcat

Unread postby FoodMonsterGuy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Not bad! Looks nice! Great for use on industrial routes. !!*ok*!!
A single track mind without proper signalling is a mind bound to derail.
FoodMonsterGuy

Unread postby emdsd90mac » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Sorry for the huge delay in an update on this. I have been virtually radio silent in regards to RW lately, but I haven't forgotten about this and the many other projects I am working on. I am getting to the point of needing help on this soon in regards of animation and scripting and I will reach out at that time. Thanks for being patient you all.
“The human brain is like a railroad freight car -- guaranteed to have a certain capacity but often running empty.”
emdsd90mac

Unread postby ET44C4 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 pm

Nice to hear the project is still going. Keep up the great work! !*salute*!
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Unread postby hobo1960 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:21 am

Bump!

Is this still in progress? Anyone know?
hobo1960

Unread postby RailWanderer » Wed May 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Looking good there Steve. I have never seen one of these before or at least not this version.

I'm working on a trolley I want to recreate in TS, maybe we could collaborate on how to use the engine files as I am at a stand-still on how to get the model into the sim using the engine files, not to take anything away from your thread. Here's my model: https://gyazo.com/c088ffa091af918a13fe7b2df3adbf60 .

Sorry I haven't been around the forums lately, but I have been having health issues and family deaths to deal with since the last part of last year.
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Unread postby ssbobz » Wed May 09, 2018 1:16 pm

This is a reply I got to a PM at the end of November.

Hi there and thank you for the interest. Right now all of my projects are very quiet, but not forgotten about. I am too the point of needing help with scripting or very close to that. When I get spun back up, I will reach out for help on this. Thanks and take care sir
ssbobz

Unread postby ironcat60 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:44 am

Fantastic work! I've been needing one of those for a while! In the mean time I've been parking the big front end loaders near the grain mills as scenery.

That's because the grain mill a few towns over uses those as add-hoc track-mobiles. They have a bracket welded onto the inside lower edge of the bucket. When they need it for rail duty they slide a coupler into the bracket and off they go. It is usually used as a pusher so the weight of the cars pushes down on all four loader wheels for traction. As the railroad spots the empty cars from the grain loader towards the end of spur, the front end loader has to push ever increasing weight as the cars are loaded. If I remember right, I've seen that loader push six loaded cars at a time with a larger consist broken down by the railroad into those sections with room for the loader to get into position.

Another smaller grain mill has a short cable attached to a separate block and tackle assembly with its own cable system. The short cable is attached to the coupler and the "fly end" of the assembly cable is attached to a surplus military 5 ton cargo truck. The truck has its own sort of "corduroy road" so it gets traction from the very rough surface. The cars move into position as the cable fed through the block assembly shortens up between the blocks. Most I've seen this system move is four cars because that is their usual amount. And the truck seems to handle the load as well as the front end loader does with it's load.
ironcat60

Previous

Return to Freeware WIP