Marias Pass

Discussion about RailWorks route design.

Re: Marias Pass

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 am

hi
I just downloaded the N48W114 file from this page :http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/SRTM3/North_America/ and paste it into the SRTM folder.You said you made it with ReDem.Must i paste the hgt file just in the terrainfolder of my route or must i make something with ReDem?
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 am

bnsf subdivision wrote:hi
I just downloaded the N48W114 file from this page :http://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version2_1/SRTM3/North_America/ and paste it into the SRTM folder.You said you made it with ReDem.Must i paste the hgt file just in the terrainfolder of my route or must i make something with ReDem?

I would use ReDem. Generally you'll need to paste the complete Dem data into your route's "Terrain" folder.
micaelcorleone

Unread postby thecanadianrail » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:04 am

the thing you make with ReDem goes in the terrain folder.
Canadian National Railways
Courtesy and Service
My youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/CanadianRailRoader

Route Progress:
Can West RR - 10%
MRL Missoula to Thompson Falls - 3%
thecanadianrail

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:10 am

hi

ok now i now what you mean but i forgot to say that i cant download the DEM data from usgs link micaelcorleone gave me.I looked at the tutorial of this page and wanted to start.
But i click on one of the tools and nothing happened.I click a second time all other tolls and icons but also nothing happened. !*hp*!
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby thecanadianrail » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

the page is VERY slow to load for unknown reasons but it will eventualy.
Courtesy and Service

Route Progress:
Can West RR - 10%
thecanadianrail

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:13 am

bnsf subdivision wrote:hi

ok now i now what you mean but i forgot to say that i cant download the DEM data from usgs link micaelcorleone gave me.I looked at the tutorial of this page and wanted to start.
But i click on one of the tools and nothing happened.I click a second time all other tolls and icons but also nothing happened. !*hp*!

Do you use the newest internet explorer beta? If so switch to compatibility mode, I also had this issue when I searched the link for you. :D
I you use another Browser try a compatibility mode there or use an older version.
micaelcorleone

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 am

hi

Eh i use opera as internet explorer but i will download internet explorer 8 cause i have windows xp.Maybe it will work then
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby thecanadianrail » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

So, did you get the Dem files downloaded yet?
Courtesy and Service

Route Progress:
Can West RR - 10%
thecanadianrail

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:11 pm

well jeah but i m not sure if they are right.I will test them this week
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:08 pm

i dont now what i can do.Nothing work.No Redem and no hgt(which will be the best way) i dont now why the hgt files dont work. **!!bang!!**
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby eyein12 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:44 pm

bnsf subdivision wrote:i dont now what i can do.Nothing work.No Redem and no hgt(which will be the best way) i dont now why the hgt files dont work. **!!bang!!**

hi heres some torubleshooting tips.

1: make sure you are using the right region that has the .hgt files. i assume its region 1 since my seattle route is near bye.

2: next make sure your routes latitude longitude values are correct, if you are missing a "-" sign in front of the longitude coordinate when you first assigned the value to your routes starting location I garuntee it wont work!. should be -109 decimals to -116 decimals roughly for your region. your lat should be 45-48 decimals. download those coordinates from the strm data website anything that has those numbers in it from your region you should download. use the map guide on their site to help with the right region.

3. when you first gave your coordinates to set up your route make sure you put the right numbers in the right spot...i.e. lat=lat; long =long otherwise your mixed up.

4. make sure your SRTM DATA goes in the right folder. folder structure with your file: DEM\SRTM\xxx.hgt

theproblem is most likely human error on your part, doing the ".hgt mthod is really the easiest method. and works if you do it right.

goodluck

ian
Home of the SOO-LINE ROUTE, BNSF SEATTLE SUBDIVISION ROUTE, and the new sd60 pack, UPDATES and more...

http://eyein12.blogspot.com/
eyein12

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi eyein12.Thanks for your help.I will download all hgt. files(cause i just have the 48,-114) file.Maybe it work then.But is it normal that the key T stand for loading freight in railworks?
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi

Big Update at the route.Realy Special Thanks to Timm for the terrain. !*YAAA*! Now route building start with real terrain in Whitefish Montana MT.I will show per 4 day some pictures of the proggres.
Firts two pictures at Whiteifsh:

Regards Kevin
Last edited by bnsfsubdivision on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bnsfsubdivision

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:17 pm

It's TIMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *!twisted!* *!twisted!* EDIT: fault corrected by bnsfsubdivision

Sorry that I have to state this so, but it's the second time in one week that it's spelled wrong (other guy was stmbuzz).
I think I must assume another name. !*roll-laugh*!

Nice pictures. Great to see some progress. I hope the Terrain is accurate, but this will turn out.
Last edited by micaelcorleone on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micaelcorleone

Unread postby bnsfsubdivision » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Haha oh sorry Timm.
I thought every time its tomm haha thats funny sorry *!rolleyes!*
bnsfsubdivision

PreviousNext

Return to Route Design