C&O Alleghany Mountain - Coming soon

Post your FREEWARE 'Works in Progress' here!

Re: C&O Alleghany

Unread postby Toripony » Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 am

UPDATE 5/13/2011 - STILL running a little behind... nothing new there. Sorry for the delays but the signaling still needed a little more attention. Again, am hoping to send out the first tests of beta 4 this weekend. If all goes well, it will be posted for general release next week. Watch this thread at Railworks America for the announcement.

Tori
Toripony

Re: C&O Alleghany Mountain - Coming soon

Unread postby TDHenderson » Fri May 13, 2011 11:33 am

Take your time Tori! We'll be here waiting.

Trevor
TDHenderson

Unread postby Toripony » Sun May 15, 2011 1:49 am

UPDATE 5/15/2011 - IT WORKS... the pre-release test packages went out to four testers and are installed and working! Barring any unpleasant discoveries, it will be posted for general release in a day or two. Watch this thread for the announcement.

beta 4 is coming... the 3rd beta was nice to look at, now this version will be fun to operate, too!

Fixes and features:

NEW Miles of challenging logging railroad at the extensive Bauer Lumber Company!
NEW Signals and track marking are greatly improved to permit easy creation of scenarios!
NEW Custom content... with wheels! AND, more custom content from modeler Pete Bauer!
NEW Prototypical (straight from the company rules) speed restrictions; more challenging!
FIXED The terrain texture problem - you no longer have to set Terrain Textures option on "High" (Thank you, Derek Siddle!!)

NEW work-in-progress:
== The 12 mile extension of The Greenbrier Subdivision with 6 passenger stations set in 1919 era surroundings has begun
== 4 new Standard Scenarios of driving and switching action are already in the works to be released soon after the beta 4 route updates
Toripony

Unread postby TDHenderson » Sun May 15, 2011 9:15 am

**!!bow!!** !*brav*! !*cheers*! !*YAAA*! !!howdy!! !!*ok*!!

Thanks for all your hard work Tori! Can't wait to get my paws on Beta4!

Trevor
TDHenderson

Unread postby Toripony » Sun May 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Hmmmmmm.... well, test results so far are pretty good, but there are a couple of small things I don't like. It may take an extra day or two to fix them. Will keep you posted.

Tori
Toripony

Unread postby Toripony » Tue May 17, 2011 6:48 pm

FRIDAY! Am fixing a couple more things and if testing goes well, I will be posting beta 4 for the public sometime Friday.

!*YAAA*!
Tori
Toripony

Unread postby ozinoz » Tue May 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Great news. Just need to find some time to explore it now.

I do have one question - re the Greenbrier extension and the circa 1920 passenger stations etc mentioned on your website, are they in this Beta 4 or the next Beta 5?

Thanks for all your hard work, am very much looking forward to running Dick Cowans logging shay fleet in an appropriate setting

!*cheers*! from Down Under

G
ozinoz

Unread postby Toripony » Thu May 19, 2011 12:08 am

ozinoz wrote:Great news. Just need to find some time to explore it now.

I do have one question - re the Greenbrier extension and the circa 1920 passenger stations etc mentioned on your website, are they in this Beta 4 or the next Beta 5?

Thanks for all your hard work, am very much looking forward to running Dick Cowans logging shay fleet in an appropriate setting

!*cheers*! from Down Under

G

That's a good question which deserves some clarification. The Greenbrier track is laid, markered and signaled now for about 15 miles reaching an authentic town named Anthony, WV. Anthony is home to Pete's proto-fictional Bauer Lumber Company logging railroad (the real company that existed at this location was Henderson Lumber Co.). While Anthony and the BLC are very well scened, there is little to no scenery yet along the Greenbrier main. I have "located" the stations with some temporary buildings but the towns, platforms, etc will come in the next version or an interim update. It could easily be made functional if you wish to add some passenger platforms where I have placed the markers. Of course, your changes will be overwritten in the next update.

Tori
Toripony

Unread postby JimM » Thu May 19, 2011 11:44 am

Tori, this is worse than being 5 and it's still 2 days till Christmas!! !*drool*! !*roll-laugh*!
JimM

Unread postby Toripony » Thu May 19, 2011 1:05 pm

JimM wrote:Tori, this is worse than being 5 and it's still 2 days till Christmas!! !*drool*! !*roll-laugh*!

And I feel like the parent trying to pull everything together in time! !*hp*! !*roll-laugh*!

Tori
Toripony

Unread postby JimM » Thu May 19, 2011 2:41 pm

You can always tell us that we were good enough during the year and Santa skipped us! *!sad!*
JimM

Unread postby Toripony » Thu May 19, 2011 4:08 pm

No wayyyyyyy! This is fun for me, too!

!*cheers*!
Toripony

Unread postby ozinoz » Thu May 19, 2011 5:16 pm

green-stats-323-million-chocolates.jpg
green-stats-323-million-chocolates.jpg (39.5 KiB) Viewed 239 times

For the gift we are about to receive **!!bow!!**
ozinoz

Unread postby JimM » Thu May 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Toripony wrote:No wayyyyyyy! This is fun for me, too!

!*cheers*!

No one said that you couldn't deliver it to yourself then gloat to the rest of us...heheheheheheheh ..... !*roll-laugh*!
JimM

Unread postby petebauer » Fri May 20, 2011 7:55 am

Sorry, Tori, forget the route. Send me the chocolates!
Are they freeware?

Pete
petebauer

PreviousNext

Return to Freeware WIP