C&O Alleghany Mountain - Coming soon

Post your FREEWARE 'Works in Progress' here!

Re: C&O Alleghany Mountain - Coming soon

Unread postby kin3 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:52 pm

The look and feel is just right. I haven't run it completely as of yet.
Kinnie,
kin3

Unread postby msdejesus » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:10 am

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks. I have just installed it and haven't seen it all, but what I have seen is AWESOME.

Best of luck with this greatproject.

Regards

Manuel
Last edited by msdejesus on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msdejesus

Unread postby charliechan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:15 am

Good Morning:

Up and running with no problems, looks like a great route.

Thanks for all you hard work

Chan
Chandler
Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
charliechan

Unread postby ex-railwayman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Toripony wrote:Thanks for the cross-post! I "tended to" a hospital full of new pc users starting back in '94, so I have an appreciation for the frustration that casual users can encounter. Also, I know parents who struggle to keep the house pc running and tremble in fear every time the kids want to load some new game. I am hoping this will be something they find easy and safe.
Tori

Well, I'm sure that many adults would also appreciate the ease in downloading and installing your layout, Tori, it was so quick and simple and must be one of the fastest installations of any huge route I've ever downloaded in Railworks, many thanks again for that.

I've not posted any screenshots of your route yet, as I'm still busy playing on both the summer and winter free roams, but, just wanted to say that I think your ground texturing is absolutely fabulous......
The rocks and cliffs have always been a bit of a texturing nightmare for many creators, but, you're different texturing smoothness now shows how realistic they can look and the general ground appearances with the many flowers and grasses are quite superb. A brilliant job all round with a woman's touch, and even though it is a WIP, with a lot of sparse areas which I'm sure you will populate with an abundance of buildings, etc, it's fabulous, and those of us who've downloaded it will encourage you to carry on to its completion.

Before I go, I wondered if, on your website, you could post a bigger map showing where West Virginia is, as, I'm sure that lots of folks from outside North America may appreciate knowing where your state is located. We can also see your neighbouring states and which appropriate RR companies' rolling stock we ought to utilise on your route.

Thanks very much and best wishes.

ex-railwayman. !!*ok*!!
ex-railwayman

Unread postby arizonachris » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:40 pm

I also posted this new route on the Steam Forums, and several of the members from there already have and love the route! I agree about the install, too. Easiest third party-not-thru-Steam-or-RW I have ever done. !!*ok*!!
For PC Tech Support check out my website: http://www.abithelp.com
Proud Volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
arizonachris

Unread postby Toripony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Chris, thanks for the cross-post. I had intended to get over to that forum but instead I took a long nap. lol

There have been several good suggestions that I do plan to take up... I was just looking at an excellent C&O RW map this morning that I want to scan and post on my website which will show WV and the Alleghany's relation to the rest of the system and the U.S. I have reason to believe that, in fact, the first download of the route was to somewhere outside the U.S., so that is an EXCELLENT suggestion.

I also looked at a track profile that I'll scan and add to the manual and track chart after I modify it a bit for the RW rendition (I smoothed out some of the many many miniscule grade changes that would drive me nuts if I were a real engineer). Just for fun, I have some rule books that I want to post a couple of pages from, too.

Hmmm.... there's was another good idea here.... I'll find it....

Tori
Toripony

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:02 pm

I have a question: Are you planning to extend the route further after you have copmleted this section? Would be nice because it could be longer cause it's so great. !*cheers*!
micaelcorleone

Unread postby Toripony » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:37 pm

I was just getting ready to add this to my web page.....

There are 37 miles of mainline in this Version 1 (beta3) plus about 5 miles of The Greenbrier branch. If all goes well, I will have a fully completed RELEASE version of Version 1 this Spring. Version 2, which I hope to have by next Christmas, will extend the route 36 miles to the east to Clifton Forge. Following that (someday) will be a Version 3 which will complete the west end of the route to Hinton, completing the entire 85 mile Alleghany subdivision.

Here's a preview... (ignore the Google shots of Cass and The Greenbrier branch; that's some future dreaming)

http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73 ... 0previews/

Tori
Toripony

Unread postby micaelcorleone » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Great. I think your route is the best third-party I've seen so far. !*brav*!
micaelcorleone

Unread postby BigPeter » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Tori, My emails to you at comcast.net are being returned, can you please email me at TSNZ with another address I can reply to you.
Regards Peter
Co_Founder TRain Simulation NZ
http://www.tsnz.co.nz
BigPeter

Unread postby ex-railwayman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 am

Thank you for the lovely map on your website Tori, it's just the job.

Best wishes.

ex-railwayman. !*salute*!
ex-railwayman

Unread postby arizonachris » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:52 am

I finally remembered to take a few screen shots:

Very very nice work, Tori. !!*ok*!! **!!bow!!** !*salute*! !*brav*!
For PC Tech Support check out my website: http://www.abithelp.com
Proud Volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
arizonachris

Unread postby Toripony » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm

To anyone who had difficulties or hesitations with downloading the C&O Alleghany route from Mediafire, I have relocated the files to my private space on Comcast servers; no popups, ads or gotchas. The links on the COA download page have been updated (the version has not changed - next version is still a few weeks away).

Tori
Toripony

Unread postby Toldrabald » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Tori it would be really good if you placed some signals onto all those yard tracks. I'm currently trying to build a scenario for your route and run in some problems of blocked paths and colliding trains when trying to implement some lineside operations. Some more portals (with more distinct names as "Portal1") could help, too. Also somehow it's not possible to load passengers at your station markers, but I don't really know why. They are a bit short for an engine with more than 2 passenger cars, but usually it works if you stop your train somewhere around the marker so that at least one car is inside the marker, but here it is not possible. If I find out why I'll tell you, but at the moment I have no clue what might cause this.
Web42RW blog - presenting my current projects for RailWorks
Toldrabald

Unread postby Riko1605 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 am

Yes I have the same problem ... IA collision, difficult to construct scenarios. Perhaps for the next version this problem will be fixed ...
Thank you for this wonderful road and your work .. **!!bow!!**

Sorry for my English ..Google translation *!lol!* , Riko From Paris *!!wink!!*
Riko1605

PreviousNext

Return to Freeware WIP