Berkshire Tenders - Northwest

Post your finished add-on release announcements here!

Berkshire Tenders - Northwest

Unread postby RudiJaeger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:11 am

FR BerkT 01.jpg
FR BerkT 01.jpg (411.71 KiB) Viewed 854 times
FR BerkT 02.jpg
FR BerkT 02.jpg (417.06 KiB) Viewed 854 times
FR Z6 WP 04.jpg
FR Z6 WP 04.jpg (341.34 KiB) Viewed 854 times
FR BerkT 03.jpg
FR BerkT 03.jpg (355.39 KiB) Viewed 854 times

Features ten coal-tender repaints for the G-TraX Berkshire. Includes clean and worn versions, for the following roads: Burlington, Great Northern, Milwaukee, Spokane Portland & Seattle, and Western Pacific. The Northern Pacific version featured in the screenshots is already included in the parent-folder where these repaints will be installed. Therefore, if you haven't done it yet, you will need to install the Berkshire portion of my "NP_A3_Pack" (RWA Library) first, in order for these repaints to work. If you do not own the G_TraX Northern yet, that's okay; you just need to install the Berkshire files, since some of the tender files are dependant on the locomotive (un-marked, no numbers); although the tender can be operated with other types of locomotives in the game.

These repaints should be available in the next RWA Library update. !!howdy!!
RudiJaeger

Re: Berkshire Tenders - Northwest

Unread postby gtrtroger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:25 am

Ohhhhhh.... some WP love..... looks great.
*!!thnx!!*
gtrtroger

Unread postby ET44C4 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:19 am

Amazing work... Many thanks **!!bow!!** !*cheers*!
Santa Fe All The Way
Nothing Runs Like a Deere
Farm Use
"This job isn't for everyone; but hay.... it's in my jeans"

The Virginia Railfan (HD)
ET44C4

Unread postby imnew » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:03 pm

What a pack !*brav*!
Intel Core I7-7770K, ZOTAC GTX 1080 Ti AMP
Extreme, ASUS ROG Strix Z270H, 16 GB HyperX Fury DDR4, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair Force MP500 240GB M.2, 34" Ultra Wide Samsung Monitor, Oculus Rift DK2, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift CV1, Pimax 8K ETA Q3 2018.
imnew

Unread postby CArailroader » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:20 pm

Fantastic work! Question: Is it possible to add the auto-numbering back to the clean and worn NP engines in the BIN? I won't be back at my computer to look at it until late this evening or so.
CArailroader

Unread postby RudiJaeger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Thanks everyone! !!howdy!!

About the auto-numbering: If I recall correctly, all I did was alpha-out the number textures in the locomotive's texture folders; can't recall if I messed with the numbers dscv file. Regardless, you should be able to over-write the dscv file with the default; same thing with the numbers texture files. An easy way to tell would be to check the file dates for modifications to identify which ones I tinkered with. I'm not at my paint-machine right now or I could be more specific. The only tender texture that would be affected would be the NP version which has static numbers on the rear. But I left the rest of them blank for the very purpose you are describing; so folks can apply auto-numbering in what ever style/color they wish. I suppose another way to get the numbers back, would be to edit the tender's bin files to target the default loco's numbers; actually might be easier and you could pick and choose which tenders get the auto-numbering. The tender's numbers are dependent upon the locomotive's number textures, which is why I had to include the loco in my NP repaints. Just keep in mind, that wherever the default's numbers pop up, is where they will appear on the blank loco's and tenders if re-activated; I don't know of any way to change this.

Unfortunately, I'm just a painter and not too familiar with the inner workings of the text files; so perhaps someone with more experience in this area can offer some advice.
RudiJaeger

Unread postby jalsina » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 pm

I can see that big one turning in the Williams Loop. !*brav*! !*brav*! !*brav*!
Intel i7-4790K (8M, 4.40 GHz) - MSI Z97 MB - 16 GB DDR3 RAM 2400 MHz
GPU EVGA GTX-1060 OC 6GB at 1920x1080, 144 Hz - Monitor ASUS VG-248QE
WD 7200 rpm HD
jalsina

Unread postby CArailroader » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:14 pm

RudiJaeger wrote:Thanks everyone! !!howdy!!

About the auto-numbering: If I recall correctly, all I did was alpha-out the number textures in the locomotive's texture folders; can't recall if I messed with the numbers dscv file. Regardless, you should be able to over-write the dscv file with the default; same thing with the numbers texture files. An easy way to tell would be to check the file dates for modifications to identify which ones I tinkered with. I'm not at my paint-machine right now or I could be more specific. The only tender texture that would be affected would be the NP version which has static numbers on the rear. But I left the rest of them blank for the very purpose you are describing; so folks can apply auto-numbering in what ever style/color they wish. I suppose another way to get the numbers back, would be to edit the tender's bin files to target the default loco's numbers; actually might be easier and you could pick and choose which tenders get the auto-numbering. The tender's numbers are dependent upon the locomotive's number textures, which is why I had to include the loco in my NP repaints. Just keep in mind, that wherever the default's numbers pop up, is where they will appear on the blank loco's and tenders if re-activated; I don't know of any way to change this.

Unfortunately, I'm just a painter and not too familiar with the inner workings of the text files; so perhaps someone with more experience in this area can offer some advice.

Thank you! By copying the texture files form the default Berk, I got the numbers to show up on the NP repaints and subsequent Northwest tenders. As for using the NP tenders with the Northern's, all I do is click on tender in the scenario editor and change the number in the flyout box by hitting the spacebar 4 times and that gets the numbers to disappear.
CArailroader

Unread postby RudiJaeger » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks for the tip CA, that's some useful info. !!*ok*!!
RudiJaeger

Return to Freeware Add-On Releases