59.2a Dump

Post your problems and installation issues here!

Re: 59.2a Dump

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:21 pm

EPISODE II: Dump Strikes Back!

Getting this issue again. This time I think I figured out WHY this happens. The last time this happened I had to force restart my PC when one of the routes I was working on crashed and I couldn't escape. I was trying to add-on the the RWA Route when I saved and it froze. I could do nothing and I had to force restart. Turns out I got the Problem AGAIN. Now what I figured out was to update the PC itself, HOWEVER, My PC is already updated.

This is one odd problem... **!!bang!!** **!!bang!!** **!!bang!!**
ErikGorbiHamilton

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:51 am

Have you tried to clear cache outside the game?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =465303891
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 750W PSU, Big Water cooling, Windows 10 Pro 64, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual ASUS VE248Q Monitors. I love this stuff!
AmericanSteam

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:02 am

AmericanSteam wrote:Have you tried to clear cache outside the game?
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =465303891

Didn't know about this trick! I did both options and the game doesn't want to load.
ErikGorbiHamilton

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:49 am

Because of why this happened with the forced restart you may have the dreaded corrupted workshop scenario issue (known to cause this). Hopefully you have backed up your work. The solution may to delete the route, Just thinking aloud. Others may chime in on this. You could remove and save the route from the content folder to your desktop and see if Railworks starts.
Intel i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming MB, 16 GB DDR4 3200, ASUS GTX 1060 6GB, 750W PSU, Big Water cooling, Windows 10 Pro 64, running TSW and Railworks on a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD, Dual ASUS VE248Q Monitors. I love this stuff!
AmericanSteam

Unread postby ErikGorbiHamilton » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:33 pm

AmericanSteam wrote:Because of why this happened with the forced restart you may have the dreaded corrupted workshop scenario issue (known to cause this). Hopefully you have backed up your work. The solution may to delete the route, Just thinking aloud. Others may chime in on this. You could remove and save the route from the content folder to your desktop and see if Railworks starts.

The two routes I really want backed up are already backed up. I was modifying the RWA Passenger version when it happened. I did a fresh reinstall of the game and that folder got erased however.
ErikGorbiHamilton

Unread postby cor726 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:22 pm

I didn't read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered, but one of my computers was doing this and no matter what I did it still did it. I had to ultimately uninstall and re-install TS to get it resolved. It's working now but that 48gb download took some time. I had to do the download at night as I am limited to 200gb per month during peak times.

I still have to manually re-install all my 3rd party content still !*not-ok*!

But at least it's working now. !!*ok*!!
cor726

Unread postby AmericanSteam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:06 pm

cor726 wrote:I didn't read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered, but one of my computers was doing this and no matter what I did it still did it. I had to ultimately uninstall and re-install TS to get it resolved. It's working now but that 48gb download took some time. I had to do the download at night as I am limited to 200gb per month during peak times.

I still have to manually re-install all my 3rd party content still !*not-ok*!

But at least it's working now. !!*ok*!!

This is where a backup on a second drive would be useful. Either on a USB connected (preferably USB 3.0 or better) or in the case of a Desktop an internal dedicated drive, 250GB SSDs are inexpensive.. Two places where this would be useful, first when editing files and you have a what did I do moment and second when you need to reinstall all of Railworks or just one file. I do a backup of the full Railworks folder every 2 weeks and save the last years worth. No need to be this cautious, however I have had to go back a few months to find missing files or at least an original non modified file to compare. This way none of your files that have been modified within the .ap will get overwritten when you download Railworks. I always do modifications outside the .ap for this reason. Backing it up this way has saved me a lot of anguish.
AmericanSteam

Previous

Return to Problems and Peculiarities