Bay Window Caboose Kit

Announcements and Discussion about Tom Pearce's BLLW Development

Re: Bay Window Caboose Kit

Unread postby bigphill » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:36 am

Hi Guys
Has anyone noticed whether the Bogey on these new cabooses are animated. I like the look of them but after i bought their sleeper coaches found that nothing was animated which was a disappointment I don't want to make that mistake again.
Regards.....Phill
bigphill

Unread postby TVRRMAN » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 am

bigphill wrote:Hi Guys
Has anyone noticed whether the Bogey on these new cabooses are animated. I like the look of them but after i bought their sleeper coaches found that nothing was animated which was a disappointment I don't want to make that mistake again.
Regards.....Phill

Phil,

The newer models all have that problem worked out of them. The new cars had about 60+ hours of track testing time (including coupling, uncoupling, recoupling, lighting and shader testing, consistent checking on the autonumbering, animations checks by running through the tightest curves I can possibly find, and more. Hope this helps out

The problems with lack of animation on the Pullman's stemmed from problems in the asset editor at the time, and some other factors. Those cars currently sit in the backshop under a virtual tarp awaiting a complete class III rebuild (from the wheels up) whenever I can get to them. The most I can say is that the Bay window is only just opening the doors on a new era of BLLW Modeling, with more in store which will be unveiled at the right time.
Thomas J Pearce
http://www.bllw.net
Broadway Limited Locomotive Works Payware Department
TVRRMAN

Unread postby PapaXpress » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:39 am

It does look good on the rails...

Still some work left, but its close.
"So much energy harassed in these beasts." ~ styckx
"When all else fails, read the instructions ... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
RW Sites: The Grade Crossing - Atlanta North Project - Virtual Rail Creations
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby kcs_fan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:44 pm

I sure would love to see someone do the Kansas City Southern old wood frame bay window caboose! ! !
kcs_fan

Unread postby IIIIIREPOIIIII » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

PapaXpress wrote:It does look good on the rails...

Still some work left, but its close.

Lookin good there Papa Image
No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.
~ William Shakespeare ~

"WILL WORK FOR TRAINS"

~IIIIIREPOIIIII~
IIIIIREPOIIIII

Unread postby PapaXpress » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Unfortunately I found a couple bugs (note black background of the auto numbers for one) which will hold be back from releasing. I am already in an email conversation with Thomas at BLLW about it.

If anyone tries to use fittings Details03 or 04 and you get a "broken consist" error, PM me and I will walk you through the fix (not sure if I could send you the update BIN files).
"When all else fails, read the instructions ... if that doesn't work either, try following them." ~ Old Prof
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby TVRRMAN » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 am

PapaXpress wrote:Unfortunately I found a couple bugs (note black background of the auto numbers for one) which will hold be back from releasing. I am already in an email conversation with Thomas at BLLW about it.

If anyone tries to use fittings Details03 or 04 and you get a "broken consist" error, PM me and I will walk you through the fix (not sure if I could send you the update BIN files).

Guys, For the moment, if you can bear with me, I am looking into the cause of the background issues on the white digits, and am doing a temporary patch to correct the bin files. Whenever I do have the numbers and two bin files patched up (Still questioning how these things passed through the strenuous Quality Control testing), I should have a complete repost by tomorrow evening. For anyone interested in these upgrades, simply reuse your download code by tomorrow evening and re-download and reinstall the set (complete with fixes).

Papa, may I be the first to say that your SP repaint looks fantastic. papa, may I ask: do you have the autonumbering digits aliased from the default car, or cloned into your SP repaint? If simply aliased from the default set, any updates will simply update the problematic numbering and those two bin files.

For everyone, please stay tuned to this post for announcements on the fixes.
Thomas J Pearce
TVRRMAN

Unread postby IIIIIREPOIIIII » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 am

Image Im gonna stay tuned for the fix then ill get my setImage
No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.
~ William Shakespeare ~

"WILL WORK FOR TRAINS"

~IIIIIREPOIIIII~
IIIIIREPOIIIII

Unread postby PapaXpress » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:14 am

I am aliasing them from the default folder.

Thanks for looking into this.
PapaXpress
Site Admin

Unread postby TVRRMAN » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:08 am

Ok guys, a heads up:
Corrected file is now up. File complete with upgrades will be up by 2:15 / 2:30 AM, EST. For the fixes to take effect, simply re-download the files and install them (For those repainting, simply make a backup of your work.

Fixes include: Upgrades to white Autonumbering and correction of fittings Details 3 and details 4, plus addition of templates for repainting the trucks/ underframe components. Again guys, thanks for your honesty and pointing out this slight issue. *!!thnx!!*

Again, my apologies that these flaws made it out in the first place.
Thomas J Pearce
TVRRMAN

Unread postby Hawk » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 am

An old saying goes: "If you're not making mistakes, you're not doing anything." !!*ok*!!
Hawk

Unread postby IIIIIREPOIIIII » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Hawk wrote:An old saying goes: "If you're not making mistakes, you're not doing anything." !!*ok*!!
~ William Shakespeare ~

"WILL WORK FOR TRAINS"

~IIIIIREPOIIIII~
IIIIIREPOIIIII

Unread postby arizonachris » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Hawk wrote:An old saying goes: "If you're not making mistakes, you're not doing anything." !!*ok*!!

Hmmm. Seems like I must be working overtime, then (according to my new boss, anyways !*roll-laugh*! )
For PC Tech Support check out my website: http://www.abithelp.com
Proud Volunteer on the Battleship Iowa
arizonachris

Unread postby buzz456 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 pm

I finally got it figured out.
Image Buzz
Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.
Zig Ziglar
buzz456
Site Admin

Unread postby PapaXpress » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:53 am

More progress, but still perfecting. This time with SP 1741.

This was the only SP caboose to be painted vermilion red. I am still trying to find out why they were testing this color, but needless to say, it did not last long. After a few years it was back in brown.

Getting the auto numbers to go away is a bit unnerving. Hopefully I won't have to paint new numbers.

Also the dreaded 'broken consist' message is back. Not sure yet if this is from my tinkering with the number files, or the new update.

Next... 1776
PapaXpress
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Broadway Limited Locomotive Works