Hawker-Siddeley Cylindrical Hoppers Update + Re-release

Announcements and Discussion about Michael Stephans' Golden Age of Railroading Development

Hawker-Siddeley Cylindrical Hoppers Update + Re-release

Unread postby GreatNortherner » Mon May 04, 2015 2:31 pm

Hi,

My old HS grain hoppers are available again! The models received a minor shape and textures update, the original model hadn't been touched since late 2011. The cars look a bit better now, but still somewhat dated (no decal lettering, among other issues). They are however at last standalone models that don't require the Community Assets DLC any more.

An all new and fictional ATSF repaint has been released too, I found the textures for those hidden in the source folder on my hard disk but couldn't even remember that (let alone when) I had originally painted them. !!det!!

You can download the cars here: http://golden-age-rails.com/packsrw/hophawk.html
(Edit, May 10: Another update has been added to the RWP files to address the missing couplers bug (see posts below). Please redownload if you installed the cars before today.)

Repainters please note: upgrading to the new model should be fairly simple. There aren't any mapping changes (that I can remember of), so it's likely almost "plug and play". You may need to copy over a few textures from the new model though, not sure about that. In case you get missing textures on your repaint, just copy all textures from one of my updated base models to your repaint's textures folder, without overwriting any files.

Cheers
Michael

Last edited by GreatNortherner on Sun May 10, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Golden Age Rails: Website + Blog
Virtual New Haven: Website + Blog
GreatNortherner

Re: Hawker-Siddeley Cylindrical Hoppers Update + Re-release

Unread postby harryadkins » Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Thanks Michael.
harryadkins

Unread postby CSXK921 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:27 am

Nice work
CSX K-921 Clear Danials Road, clear Admin Building, CSX K-921 out

www.djrailworks.blogspot.com
CSXK921

Unread postby CPRailfan34 » Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm

thanks for updating them Micheal your a very good modeler.
CPRailfan34

Unread postby imnew » Tue May 05, 2015 11:53 pm

Thanks Michael!
Intel Core I7-7770K, ZOTAC GTX 1080 Ti AMP
Extreme, ASUS ROG Strix Z270H, 16 GB HyperX Fury DDR4, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair Force MP500 240GB M.2, 34" Ultra Wide Samsung Monitor, Oculus Rift DK2, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift CV1
imnew

Unread postby qrfan3 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:59 pm

Hello Michael,
Sorry to be a pain...but I think there may be an issue with the couplers. I changed over all my repaints to the upgrade and all went okay...sweet!! ( I had used the old CN variant only ) but had an issue with the couplers.
I guess you removed the Kuju originals in your upgrade and added your own. I suspect an addition in the .bin file is / maybe incorrect.

RailVehicles\Freight\Coupler\coupler_ms.xml

The Coupler folder is not a sub to Freight but is to RailVehicles. I removed the Freight from my .BIN files and everything is now spot on. I have not checked all the other roads.

Cheers..
qrfan3

Unread postby GreatNortherner » Thu May 07, 2015 6:21 am

qrfan3 wrote:I think there may be an issue with the couplers.

Thanks for the heads-up! I checked the files, and there are two things I found out:

First, the new models all appear to be set up correctly. If used on their own, they should work fine and all couplers should be there.

Second, on the last version of the cars from 2011 I had already used its own coupler models, but in the other folder that gave you the error now (directly under Railvehicles, not under Railvehicles\Freight). I rebuilt the new cars source folders from scratch and didn't realize to check if the old car already had its own couplers, sorry.

Which in turn means that if you want to use older repaints, you should keep that repainted car's BIN files intact (assuming that its installer came with all needed files / the couplers included). Alternatively, you can
- extract the old couplers folder from my 2011 rwp file
- or create a duplicate of the new couplers folder in its old location directly under RailVehicles, in that case you also should edit the folder references in the coupler's bin file.

Cheers
Michael
GreatNortherner

Unread postby qrfan3 » Thu May 07, 2015 9:35 am

GreatNortherner wrote:First, the new models all appear to be set up correctly. If used on their own, they should work fine and all couplers should be there.

It appears that I must be on a different road to you as something is amiss... !*don-know!*
I installed your new update / release of the HS-CN.zip because I wanted to have the latest release of such and transferred 3 of my old original repaint textures ( after slightly renaming 2 of them ) into appropriate same named folder names within the new model... ( GeoPcDx, bin and textures )
As stated in my original post I had an issue with the couplers which I fixed and described how in my post about this new model.
Below is a screen dump of your new stand alone CN-ms hoppers and there are no couplers....

new hs hoppers.jpg
new hs hoppers.jpg (465.07 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
qrfan3

Unread postby GreatNortherner » Fri May 08, 2015 9:35 am

qrfan3 wrote:It appears that I must be on a different road to you as something is amiss... !*don-know!*

This is strange. I just re-checked the RWP file, the source files and the cars in play mode and all really is well with the couplers. That doesn't mean that there can't be a gremlin in the car after all, is anybody else getting the missing couplers issue?

Cheers
Michael
GreatNortherner

Unread postby CPRailfan34 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:24 pm

I'll look into this and see if anything is missing by placing the cars in the scenario and running it to see if they show up
CPRailfan34

Unread postby CPRailfan34 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:36 pm

I can confirm that all of the updated cars do not have their couplers, something is definitely off on this my repaints and all of the older ones have couplers, just not any of the newer models, good thing I never updated my repaints, to the newer models, and for some reason I still have the older LO GN pack. The couplers work with my repaints and the older LO GN cars I managed to somehow keep. Here are some images to help show what I mean:

Screenshot_North Eastern - PA Div_40.19095--80.13901_12-04-21.jpg
Screenshot_North Eastern - PA Div_40.19095--80.13901_12-04-21.jpg (314.09 KiB) Viewed 2088 times

Screenshot_North Eastern - PA Div_40.19185--80.13959_12-03-34.jpg
Screenshot_North Eastern - PA Div_40.19185--80.13959_12-03-34.jpg (253.16 KiB) Viewed 2088 times
CPRailfan34

Unread postby qrfan3 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Thanks Andrew... !!*ok*!!
I was staring to think I had made a boo boo and caused some unwarranted grief for Michael.....phew!!!!
BTW....you should convert your repaints over, the new model is much better....

Cheers
qrfan3

Unread postby CPRailfan34 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Your welcome qrfan3, i will update all of my repaints but I have not just the ones I am making but, about two dozen others that I downloaded from the library here. this will be a lot of work converting them all to the new model. It be nice to know which files I need to complete the conversion to the new model.
CPRailfan34

Unread postby GreatNortherner » Sat May 09, 2015 8:20 am

qrfan3, CPRailfan34 and Bermúdez (who emailed me),

Thanks very much for your persistence with this issue, I finally figured out what is going on. You were of course right and I'm feeling mighty stupid now, I have been looking into the wrong RWP file all the time!!! I checked the in-game cars and blueprints, which are all ok, but then I looked into the old RWPs from 2011 and not the updated ones. The new ones do have the wrong coupler folder included just as you suspected. *!embar*!

Sorry for the trouble! I'll upload a fixed version of the rwp files and post here when they are available.

!!**sorry**!!
Michael
GreatNortherner

Unread postby harryadkins » Sat May 09, 2015 11:12 am

Can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing, Michael. Thanks for sharing with the community.

Harry
harryadkins

Next

Return to Golden Age of Railroading