It won't show up!

Tips and discussion about scenery creation for RailWorks.

It won't show up!

Unread postby emdsd90mac » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi all, it's me again with yet another question about scenery design stuff. I have have followed the tutorial from the switching yard on using SketchUp-3dsMax-Railworks. Created my model, did the texturing and mapping and created the blueprint. I can't find it in any of the lists of assets. I have checked the box next to my dev name. I did notice that there is no GeoPcDx file when I look in the asset directory under my dev name. The model was saved as an .IGS. Does anyone know if there is a difference and how do I change this if possible?
Member of the VREA

A day without trains is like a day without sunshine.
emdsd90mac

Re: It won't show up!

Unread postby Chacal » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Don't forget to hit the "export" or "export this" button in the blueprint editor.
This will create the files (.bin files, .geopcdx file, etc) in the "assets" folder.
The .igs file should stay in the source folder.

Also, this happened to me when I used a different folder than the Railworks\Source\(my name)\(my add-on) for my source files.
Over the hill and gathering speed
Chacal

Unread postby emdsd90mac » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:53 pm

I will have to re-trace my steps to see where I went wrong. The actual tutorial is written for Railworks and not TS2012, so there could possibly be some subtle differences.
Member of the VREA

A day without trains is like a day without sunshine.
emdsd90mac

Unread postby LordMannu » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

When you export from 3Dmax you will find two IGS formats available. Check you had export in the right IGS (KUJU Intermediate Geometry).
LordMannu

Return to Scenery Design