What steam locomotives would you like to see for TS2019?

Create your polls here!

Which steam locomotives would you like to see in Ts2019

Pennsy S1 Duplex, #6100, (Skirted and Deskirted, and american railroad tender from worlds fair 1939)
9%
NYC Niagara S-1a or S1-b, (smoke deflectors or no deflectors)
9%
NYC J3a Dreyfuss Hudson (20th Century Ltd: 1939, 1940, and with the option of a centipede tender and coaches)
28%
Pennsy T1 Duplex (1942 or 1945 version)
9%
N&W J-Class (600-611)
28%
Pennsy S2 Steam turbine (large, small, and no smoke deflectors)
3%
SP AC-9 (for fun make one have a daylight livery)
9%
Pennsy Q1 Duplex
3%

Total votes : 32

Re: What steam locomotives would you like to see for TS2019?

Unread postby RailWanderer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:48 am

None of the duplexes in the list or poll. Daily work horses would be my preference, turn of the Century motive power. Not the huge, fancy, or the articulated, just every day work horses, Mohawks, Niagaras, E6s, I1s, H10, Mikados, Decapods normal every day steam power. I happen to know several of these locomotives are in development, and not necessarily by those who are accepted by the community.
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Unread postby EngineerJohn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 am

RailWanderer wrote:None of the duplexes in the list or poll. Daily work horses would be my preference, turn of the Century motive power. Not the huge, fancy, or the articulated, just every day work horses, Mohawks, Niagaras, E6s, I1s, H10, Mikados, Decapods normal every day steam power. I happen to know several of these locomotives are in development, and not necessarily by those who are accepted by the community.

That also speaks as to why the B&LE route is so popular. Granted, 2-10-2's are a bit on the rare side in general but from the B&LE's perspective they were 1 of 2 mainline freight haulers next to their bigger brothers, the 2-10-4's, or their passenger hauling 4-6-2's.

Here's hoping those get added eventually! *!lol!*

As far as everything else, you can't stop the trainsim mafia from lynching and ridiculing those who don't fit a certain image. Jerks will be jerks but I digress... !*not-ok*!

Also, the Niagara was one of the most technologically advanced steam locomotives ever built, and were so good that they were cheaper to operate than an A-B-A F unit set on long distance freights and express passenger trains. Thanks to the UP for allowing the NYC to "steal" I mean... "improve" upon an already good design. !*roll-laugh*!
Engineers and engineering are two different things. Math is my first language, English is my second.
EngineerJohn

Unread postby TVRRMAN » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:36 pm

I'm game for the NYC J3as. While it wouldn't have a route to start out with, it would still be a highly welcomed addition. Missing from the Pennsylvania lineup that could be utilized on Horseshoe Curve are the I1sa 2-10-0's and J1 2-10-4's (The I1sa were typically utilized in helper service here, and found homes in other parts of the Pennsy system anywhere that grades could be found). Missing from the Duplex list is also the Q2 4-4-6-4's which ruled the rails between Ft Wayne Indiana, Crestline Ohio and worked as far east as Conway Yard. The T1's were the Pennsy's attempt to replace the K4s in Passenger service, and lasted in service up until the early 50's. Early on, they found use on just about any limited, but after diesel power arrived, they were quickly booted to secondary trains and mail and express runs.

I also agree that the sim could also stand for a medium weight generic Baldwin 2-8-0 like the Spectrum 2-8-0 (which was based loosely on Illinois Central 2-8-0's) These medium weight workhorses were everywhere, and could be found doing everything from yard work to local switching and beyond.
Thomas J Pearce
http://www.bllw.net
Broadway Limited Locomotive Works Payware Department
TVRRMAN

Unread postby ozinoz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Not pining my hopes on anything, but I would like to see a loco that complements an existing or soon to be available route. It really defeats the purpose if somebody releases an Erie Triplex or Pennsy T1 and there is no route or no rollingstock.

Routes require rollingstock an drollingstock require routes

!*cheers*!
ozinoz

Unread postby RailWanderer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

ozinoz wrote:Not pining my hopes on anything, but I would like to see a loco that complements an existing or soon to be available route. It really defeats the purpose if somebody releases an Erie Triplex or Pennsy T1 and there is no route or no rollingstock.

Routes require rollingstock an drollingstock require routes

!*cheers*!

Yah, Horseshoe Curve would never do for the Pennsy T-1 as it never did well on heavy grades, too much slippery bottom end.
RailWanderer (John)
He who walks the rails must be conscious of his environment.
RailWanderer

Previous

Return to Polls!